carbontex for 349H

Started by turboal, August 30, 2013, 03:12:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turboal

do you have a 5+1 drag stack, metal & carbontex for a Penn 349H

Dawn

I have some thinner Carbontex.  I don't have any metal washers, sorry.

Dawn

Keta

Now that I know you don't have the metal washers I'll say I have several sets of them in .035" and .045"  ;D  Do you have metal washers for the low speed 349?
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

We, when I say we, I mean Alan Tani, has about a dozen NOS metal washers from Smooth Drag.  I think you can get a 5 stack in the gear set if you use thin carbon fiber washers.  I cannot remember which carbontex washers I used.  Sorry.

They will be $30 plus shipping and paypal fees unless paying via check for the set of 5 metal washers.  If you send me the depth of the gear stack, I may have carbontex washers that will fit.  PM me if you are interested, and if so, with the gear depth.  Also, does the last carbon fiber washer and metal washer need to be in the gear?

Bryan

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Dawn

As far as I know the CF washers I have (.040 thick) will fit in the gear with the regular thickness metal. 
Lee's thinner ones will most likely work even better.  Plus finding a couple extra stock ones will be pretty tricky.

Dawn
Dawn

Keta

Quote from: Bryan Young on August 30, 2013, 06:10:19 PM
I cannot remember which carbontex washers I used. 

I reform Smooth Drag #59 .020" washers but if you don't mind wasted space 113H washers will work.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain