Penn Spinner- Corrosion

Started by SNAPPERHEAD, August 30, 2013, 01:32:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SNAPPERHEAD

Can someone post a picture of a Penn Spinner(Metal, Preferably a Slammer, SS, or Z Series) with some corrosion on it? I would like to have a picture for reference.

Thanks.

Ben

SNAPPERHEAD

Can someone post a picture is what mean't to say.

Ben

alantani

i don't have any of those in the garage.  anyone else?
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

wallacewt

not me,checked all mine,(6)this is weird,ive never seen one with corrosion.bought a 750ss new sometime around 1980. not well looked after,still works fine after an upgrade but no corrosion ???

SNAPPERHEAD

I guess it is hard to find some pictures.

If someone has one though, I would appreciate them posting it.

Thanks!

Ben

Bunnlevel Sharker

Grayson Lanier

Cone

SnapperHead, Corrosion looks the same on Penn reels and other aluminum reels. You may see  white powdery areas or under paint it can corrode underneath and bubble the paint. Look on ebay at different reels. I guarantee if you look at the pictures you will see some. Handles at the knobs and bails seem to be the most common.    Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Bunnlevel Sharker

I just found some in my 750ss drag stack I was getting no drag I looked and it was white powder. I scrape tot all of for know, the anodizing was fine and soon it will get a CLR bath and new octagon washers. I washed the CF ones off and they were like new
Grayson Lanier