Acquired these earlier this year

Started by Jerseymic, August 27, 2013, 03:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerseymic

Picked up these a few  months ago for my collection.

This Leveline 350 was immaculate, the most honest reel I've bought off eBay.

149 all it needed were two posts and screws.

Tatler, does anyone know the model number of this one?
This is a bit of nostalgia, I remember my father buying a Tatler Supreme around 1960, but on the one he had the plates were the same colour as the posts.
These reels appear to be very advanced for their time, didn't take any photos of it stripped as Redsetta did an excellent post back in January of one fully stripped.
Tatler reels are now operating out of Plymouth Devon, which is about an hours drive from where I live, so next time I am up that way I will pay them a visit.

All these were stripped, cleaned, greased and polished. The Tatler has a few marks here and there but I don't suppose parts are available now.

Mike.

raumati01

I can't see the pics for some reason but there's a lot of Tatlers here in New Zealand , I had form of them in varying states until a couple of months ago. There seemed to be a fair bit of variation over the years they were made-handles colours etc.

Jerseymic

Hi Raumati01,

The photos are back now, just learning with photobucket, I moved them from my bucket to an album, didn't know it would make a mess of things.

Mike.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Mandelstam

"Fish," he said softly, aloud, "I'll stay with you until I am dead." - Santiago, Old Man And the Sea

john2244

George4741

Those are beauties!  Thanks for sharing.
viurem lliures o morirem

Jerseymic

Hi Guys,

Yes I was pleased with these, like I said the 350 was a real stunner, the seller was very honest in his description, unlike some on the dreaded fleabay!!

Mandelstam, sorry the photos are not visible for you, don't know why, anybody have any ideas?

Mike.

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Jerseymic

Hi Guys,

Thank you for your appreciation, I am slowly getting there!

Mike.