Steve-o in the "Fighting Chair"....Pics added

Started by Steve-O, September 02, 2013, 01:14:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve-O

Unh-Hunh....riiiiight!.....like I said a teaser.   Took my middle daughter out for some quality Urban Angling....I mean Daddy/Daughter time....Yeah!

Final tally - Jenna = 5 fish Total weight = 42.5# for an avg of 8.5# per fish.

Dad- 2 fish. total weight 18# for an avg of 9# per fish.

Time together - 3 hours = Priceless!

Pics added.  Just your ordinary common carp urban fishery.  I taught my daughter what "bait and switch" is all about. That was a hoot and put the pressure on her casting ability.   Freelining bread is no easy task. You normally get one soft lob of a cast and that's it. Getting accuracy and distance takes some finesse. We also discussed watercraft, carp behavior, bow waves, bubbles, swirls and other angling tactics. Right in the middle of our session a LARGE something swam past us on the far side of the pond and created a "Loch Ness Style" bow wave and huge vee for about 30 feet. Never saw it again but whatever it was displaced a LOT of water when it swam by. Something in the 30 pound plus range IMO. We had a blast together and she wants to go back.  Upon arriving home  and hearing of our successful trip, my wife said to take her to one of my regular spots where I sit for 3 hours waiting on the first fish......yea.....I think I'll pass on that one for now.

redsetta

Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

HOLEINTHEWATER

DOES NOT GET ANY BETTER THAN THAT. MEMORY'S OF A LIFE TIME.  CARP ARE FUN TO CATCH. SOMETIMES WHEN CATCHING IS SLOW I GET MY CAN OF CORN OUT, DO SOME CHUMMING AND THE FUN IS ON. DONATED A COUPLE POLES OVER THE YEARS TO CARP.   

Alto Mare

Beautiful Steve, she will never forget those days with Dad.....she's a natural.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Steve-O that is the carp I was talking about.  Look at the detail.  It would make a good gyotaku fish print.  ;) ;) Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Steve-O

Hey D, Was it this kind that you said looked like wood carved?  A mirror-carp.

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

wallacewt

Brian A

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

broadway

Now that's a beautiful thing! Great to see the next generation getting into it... always love the smiles.
Thanks for sharing your priceless day with us,
Dom