8/24/2013 - the 2013 second annual garcia-ouano charter

Started by alantani, September 03, 2013, 04:48:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Quote from: erikpowell on September 03, 2013, 10:45:32 PM
Quote:
"our mid-morning snack was yogurt, cottage cheese and sprinkles.  when my wife asks about the food, this is the photo i show her."

.....  Hilarious Alan !  ;D ;D

the food on that trip looks good enough to make any woman/wife jealous!!

Hi Erik: What do you serve on your charters?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

tcat103

Great write-up Alan.  Just wanted to follow up with a note to thanks to our sponsors, their donations and acknowledge the winners of our jackpots:

Kudos and Special Thanks to:

Okuma Reels - Brandon Cotton for the Makaira 10SEa, Cedros CSD-15, (2) Cortez CZ10CS reels, (2) Makaira MKC-801H Rods, rod wraps, hats, t-shirts and use of the demo rods and reels

Phenix Rods -  Jeff Tseng for the PSW909XHJ, PSW809XHJ & New Redeye 3-piece travel rod, t-shirts, caps & use of the demo rods.

SoftSteel USA - Tony Garza for the charter bag filled with t-shirt, 40# soft steel, jigs, spray bottle & assorted goodies.

Lytle Sports - Mark and Matthew Lytle for the short and long sleeve technical t-shirts, embroidered hoodies and embroidered charter logo bags, not only for each passenger but for each crew member.

Squidco - Joey Simeon & Nick Pandza for the Megabaits & Candybar jigs, Stop Salt spray, hats, t-shirts and gift certificates that were a hit during the crew fish-off.

AlanTani.com - Alan Tani for the donation of his reel handles, and use of his equipment during the trip.

Salas Jigs - Matt Salas for the 6X Jr Yellowtail killer jigs.

Senortuna.com - George Valenzuela for the donation of t-shirts, & caps.

Fisherman's Processing - Sean Sebring & Rosie Flowers for the gift certificates and headache free fish processing.

First Place Jackpot - Allenn Terre 134# Bluefin - Makaira 10SEa
Second Place Jackpot - Mark Lytle  83# Bluefin - Phenix PSW909XHJ Rod
First Yellowtail Aboard Jackpot - Mark Lytle  32# Yellowtail - Phenix Red Eye Travel Rod
Anytime Baby!

SeaBiscuit

Nice trip Alan.  Thanks for sharing and good to see you taking time to go fishing again!
Nick (SeaBiscuit)

erikpowell

Quote from: Pescachaser on September 03, 2013, 10:49:11 PM
Quote from: erikpowell on September 03, 2013, 10:45:32 PM
Quote:
"our mid-morning snack was yogurt, cottage cheese and sprinkles.  when my wife asks about the food, this is the photo i show her."

.....  Hilarious Alan !  ;D ;D

the food on that trip looks good enough to make any woman/wife jealous!!

Hi Erik: What do you serve on your charters?  Dominick

Bula Dom, heh heh.. I don't have a charter op, but if i did I'd probably be serving curry !   ;D ;D    ;)

jiggingworld

TomT

Great report!!  Almost like being there.  Looks like you a real chef on board. And lots of nice fish ;D
TomT

floating doc

Great writeup and photos! I couldn't believe the food. Compared to this, the multiday trips that I've been on (bottom fishing the gulf out of St Petersburg) were like a hobo camp. That includes the atmosphere, food, everything.

I'll probably have to win the lottery to do it, but I would love to take one of these trips someday.
Central Florida

josa1

Well told Alan.  Great pictures!  Great fish!  Great food!  Great company!

Can you believe those calico bass? 

Long ranging is the best!

josa1

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Tunabelly

Alan.............. another spectacular report and terrific photographs.  It was great to finally fish with you and Rogerrrrrr!!! is a hoot.

We did have a great group of fisherman and women who put the hurt to the fish.

Your site has grown so quickly and it has a wealth of information available for your members, kudos to your efforts as I know what it's like to put labor into a project like this.

Anyway, I look forward to sharing the rail with you again and if I have an opportunity to travel up north, I will give you a ring.

Fishermans Processing did a great job in trimming the fish fillets for me.  I used 5 Star as well but well satisfied with the work done by Fishermans Processing.

Take care Alan and stay in touch................

p.s. say hi to Rogerrrr for me.

tb 
Fishing teaches patience, catching comes from learning patience - quote tunabelly

alantani

jefe!  great fishing with you as well.  i cut up the post into 10 pieces and posted it up at http://www.senortuna.com/main/showthread.php?t=34908 roger came over to my house for taco night with his wife and son.  the kid is still walkin' on air from this trip. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Shark Hunter

Truly Awe Inspiring Alan!
I would love to do that. It looks crowded, but I bet its a blast once you get to know everyone.
Life is Good!

ahistick

Alan, it was great to finally meet and share fishing with you!  It was a great trip and despite a little weather, all of us worked together well!!!

It was tough to get back to work..and was a bit tough to fit my regular work clothes after all that wonderful food...slacks seem a bit snug around the waist... ;D

Shark Hunter:  It was not crowded at all...there were only 16 passengers about a 92 foot boat along with 7 crew...however, sometimes the fish...even hooked...will try to hang together under the boat  :D

Thank you to Ben for setting up and arranging this trip; all one has to do is look on our faces and see the absolute great times we had for 7 days!!!

tcat103

Thanks to all who took a week out of their busy schedules.  The fish may not cooperate (but they certainly did in our past two annual trips) but the camaraderie, friendships & food, absolutely define the charter's personality.  Bottom line, it's good, positive Karma all the way around!

This vessel is design to fish 24 anglers with 12 staterooms.  We took an ultra limited load of 16 anglers to ensure everyone had space to relax ;)
Anytime Baby!