Penn 113H 7+1 Drag Set

Started by Bryan Young, September 05, 2013, 12:36:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many of you would be interested in a 7+1 drag set for your Penn 113H?

Yes
10 (83.3%)
No
2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: October 05, 2013, 12:36:04 AM

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

bryan put me down for 1 set of 113H and 1 for squidder(future project). thanks!

LTM

Bryan, you can put me down for 1 set initially and depending on price I will definitely need 2 more if available.

Leo

mgoose

Put me down for 1 set depending  on price might need 3 sets !

erikpowell

Bula Bryan,
Can't figure out how to add my vote -YES

I'm in for 2 sets...

Mahalo

TomT

Doug

Hi bryan   If you do the squidder washers I would take 2 sets of 5 washer

garking84

Hello everyone, I'm having problems installing the 7+1 drag stack on my 113 h.. I'm having trouble with the eared washer. I put the thick carbontex, keyed washer, thick carbontex. And the eared washer won't go in evenly one side will slide sown perfect but the other side stays lifted, should i force it in  ??? ... IV tried all 3 eared washers same result. In putting them in a black pearl 4:1 gear

Bryan Young

Can you post a pick of the thick, keyed, then thick washer?  I'm wondering if that gear is not drilled as deep as my BP gears to accomodate the ears.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Black Pearl

Quote from: Bryan Young on January 07, 2014, 01:03:37 AM
Can you post a pick of the thick, keyed, then thick washer?  I'm wondering if that gear is not drilled as deep as my BP gears to accomodate the ears.

Hi Bryan,

My 113H main gear is drilled the same depth. Can he install the standard way as original PENN main gear? If it fit, then it is not the main gear problem. We should try to trouble shooting.

garking84

My laptop just broke down 2 days ago. So is there any way I could post pics through my phone?

From what I could see when I place all three eared washers on a flat surface, the ears don't line up. one ear is higher than the other one, and the gear holes are lined up perfectly. I don't know if I make sense not quite sure how  to explain it.   :-[

Bryan Young

Quote from: garking84 on January 07, 2014, 01:48:41 AM
My laptop just broke down 2 days ago. So is there any way I could post pics through my phone?

From what I could see when I place all three eared washers on a flat surface, the ears don't line up. one ear is higher than the other one, and the gear holes are lined up perfectly. I don't know if I make sense not quite sure how  to explain it.   :-[
Is possible that you may have that one bad washer out of the bunch. Play email me picb so I can see what's the issue and fix it. Thanks.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

maxpowers

i had the same issue with the eared washers but took a file to the ears for a few hits and it went in snug.

garking84

IV just send the pictures to your email. Hope you could see what's wrong or if I'm doing something wrong.

Maxpowers, I think your right because from what I could see one of the ears looks fatter than the other one

Bryan Young

Quote from: garking84 on January 07, 2014, 04:06:12 AM
IV just send the pictures to your email. Hope you could see what's wrong or if I'm doing something wrong.

Maxpowers, I think your right because from what I could see one of the ears looks fatter than the other one

Here are the pictures from GarKing84

Bryan Young

GarKing84,

I see what you are talking about.  It seems like the ears are a little long.  I'll send you a new set of eared washers.

Just to confirm, the installation is as follows:

Gear
Thick Carbontex
Keyed Washer
Thick Carbontex
Eared Washer,...

Well, frankly, with BP SS gears, it doesn't matter where those thick carbontex washers are located because there's no step as in the photo below.  the first gear is BS SS gears the second is a newell SS gear.