Penn 113H 7+1 Drag Set

Started by Bryan Young, September 05, 2013, 12:36:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many of you would be interested in a 7+1 drag set for your Penn 113H?

Yes
10 (83.3%)
No
2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: October 05, 2013, 12:36:04 AM

Bryan Young

I also checked the remaining 120 eared washers that I have and all 120 slid into BP's gears without a problem as seen in the photos below.

GarKing84, I'm sorry for the trouble.  New washers are bing sent to you tomorrow.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Shark Hunter

It happens to the best of us Bryan. You are right on top of it! ;)
Life is Good!

garking84

Wow those do go in easily its definitely these washers. Thanks for sending new washers and no problem Bryan, I had no plans of fishing soon I have a lot of work..  once again thanks

garking84

Bryan thanks for the new eared washers just recieved them. New washers same problem these washers didn't seem to fix the problem. Don't know what it could be, any recommendations? Should I file the ears until they fit?

Bryan Young

You may want to file down the washers. Without inspecting both together is hard to determine what is happening.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

garking84

Ok ill try to file them down. washers are exactly the same, ears are same length. So im guessing it might be something with the gear just how you said. Because I tried fitting the eared washers in the 4:1 ss gear from Ebay and they fitted perfectly. unfortunately I sold it because I  did not like that gear because it had something coming of the gear and I read bad reviews on it,  which is why I upgraded to a bp gear which I do like better just having problems.

Ron Jones

If you think the issue is with the gears then I would PM Alan. He has proven to be a stand up guy and will take care of you.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

garking84

I'll try filling the washers and see if I could make them work. If I can't get it right , I'll take your suggestion and contact Alan.

Thanks

maxpowers

garking,

just hit the ears with a bit of filing and they will fit snugly...  I did it for the BP gears I got thru Dawn and the progear 541 is putting out more drags than I can reasonably use.

Bryan Young

It's funny. I tried the washers on 2 of BP gears, stock, Newell, and accurate with no issues. I'm curious as to why the washer is hanging up.

Alto Mare

Garking, if you're testing just the metal eared washers, they would never work, black pearls gears are not drilled all the way down and they don't need to be.
Try this, install a carbon fiber washer first, then the keyed metal and then another carbon fiber, you are now at grove height, the next eared washer and the rest should go in nicely.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

garking84

Finally I got them to go in  :)  . This is what I was trying thick carbontex, keyed washer, thick carbontex. And then I tried every eared washer I had 6 in total neither would fit.  They would all go down one side easily and stay hanging on the other  >:( .  I filed the ears on one washer and it fell right in , so I filed the rest and all of them went in.  reel feels really smooth can't wait to get a fish at the end of my line.  maxpowers, I should have listened to you a week ago.

Thanks to everyone for all the help

Bryan Young

Alto Mare

Yeah that's fine, but we still don't know what was wrong. I checked (4) Black Pearl gears with your washers and they all went in, well not at the base, but the base doesn't get eared washer. Sanding the ears if fine, but over sanding a little more than needed  could cause problems :-\.
I'm glad it worked out for you garking.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

Funny because my BP gears are drilled all the way to the base. Maybe mine is an exception. Picture of my BP gears are posted in a previous post on this thread.