Penn 113H 7+1 Drag Set

Started by Bryan Young, September 05, 2013, 12:36:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many of you would be interested in a 7+1 drag set for your Penn 113H?

Yes
10 (83.3%)
No
2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: October 05, 2013, 12:36:04 AM

Alto Mare

Looks like you got a special batch, I knew he liked you better, but mine are 5% stronger :P.
My main gears look exactly like Accurate.
I'm still trying to figure out why some drill those all the way down :-\
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

garking84

Well at least you all got the good stuff.   ;D   

Alto mare, what kind of problems are we talking about? Because i'm pretty sure I didn't file all of them the same way. Some may have longer or shorter ears

Alto Mare

Working themselves out of the grove under stress. If you didn't really overdo it, don't worry, you should be fine.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

I got the production batch of that makes any sense.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Black Pearl

Quote from: Bryan Young on January 12, 2014, 03:45:25 AM
Funny because my BP gears are drilled all the way to the base. Maybe mine is an exception. Picture of my BP gears are posted in a previous post on this thread.

Hi Bryan,

I really don't think they are mine because my main gear does not drill all the way. I also checked my remaining 113H main gears, and none of them is drilled all the way.

Black Pearl

Quote from: Black Pearl on January 12, 2014, 04:14:38 AM
Quote from: Bryan Young on January 12, 2014, 03:45:25 AM
Funny because my BP gears are drilled all the way to the base. Maybe mine is an exception. Picture of my BP gears are posted in a previous post on this thread.

Hi Bryan,

I really don't think they are mine because my main gear does not drill all the way. I also checked my remaining 113H main gears, and none of them is drilled all the way.

Also, that gear in the picture is not shiny. I think it is more like a Newell.

Bryan Young

The top picture not the bottom. The bottom picture is a Newell. The top is what I got from you.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

My newels are cut the same, groves don't go all the way down.

Shark Hunter

Its the magical mystery gear!  ::)
Life is Good!

Bryan Young

I just discovered that 2 kits were sent out with 6 drag washers instead of 8.  Please let me know who you are so that I can get you the missing carbontex washers.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Bryan

erikpowell

One will probably be mine.... that defines the term "getting Fiji'd"   ;D ;D

Bryan Young

Bula Erik, can your buddy check when they arrive?  Should have 7 metals washers and 8 carbon fiber washers.  Mahalo bradah.

Bryan

erikpowell

I'll pass it on bra... vinaka.. will let you know. 

maxpowers

Does anyone have a problem with the eared washers bending?  I have 1 washer that is severely bent.  I think I can pound it back out.

Newell Nut

Guys I do something a little different on my spacing in the gear. Since I cut a lot of my own CFs I start with .6mm CF for 3 and then finish using two .5mm CFs and they stack nice.
In my larger reels I would use 5 of the .6mm CF and then two .5mm CF for a 7 stack.
I think by using the .6 in the bottom two layers that I make sure my eared washer does not bottom out.