Penn 114H 7+1 Drag Set

Started by Bryan Young, September 05, 2013, 12:39:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many of you would be interested in a 7+1 drag set for your Penn 114H?

Yes
17 (94.4%)
No
1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: October 05, 2013, 02:34:19 AM

Dominick

I'll take a set for the 114H.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bunnlevel Sharker

Grayson Lanier

Shark Hunter

I'm down for at least 5 sets Bryan. :P
Life is Good!

DaBigOno

Put me down for two (2) sets.   
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

elnath

Dynamo

I might be, depends on the price, however.

john2244

joel8080

Oceanside,California

Bryan Young

Okay guys, what if this turned out to be a 9+1 stack?  I'm still doing some calculations but it appears that I can arrange for a 9+1 stack in the 114H?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Ron Jones

The more the better. From what I've seen, more disks make for a smoother drag. If you don't want that much drag then you just don't tighten the star that much. I think the extra drag would be great for the bigger reel that uses this gear.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Shark Hunter

Does that mean thinner drag discs? Or thinner washers? If its the washers, I'm in.
Sal sent me a 11 stack setup for a 116A. I am sure it will be silky smooth, but I'm concerned about longevity of the drag washers fighting a big fish. The washers are standard, but the drags are thinner.
Life is Good!

Bryan Young

It'll be thinner metal drag washers and more of them to distribute the load.  Heat wise, it will generate more heat, thats for sure, if you are using higher drag settings, but if you say in a normal range, let's say, the amount of heat should be the same, except balanced throught distributed differently through the drag stack in comparison to thicker, and less number of washers.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Dominick

Quote from: Bryan Young on October 11, 2013, 10:22:14 PM
Okay guys, what if this turned out to be a 9+1 stack?  I'm still doing some calculations but it appears that I can arrange for a 9+1 stack in the 114H?

If you came up with a 9 stack I would go for it. Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

I'm with Dom. My normal range is full lock down if I'm trying to stop a Big Shark!
I know it sounds easy, but when a big fish is on, I want to have the advantage, Not him.
I can't just stay in the normal range when my line is peeling off, and I'm fishing from shore.
I think we should keep it a 9 stack. ;)
Life is Good!

Bunnlevel Sharker

I like the idea of a 9 stack in my 9/0
Grayson Lanier