Penn 114H 7+1 Drag Set

Started by Bryan Young, September 05, 2013, 12:39:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many of you would be interested in a 7+1 drag set for your Penn 114H?

Yes
17 (94.4%)
No
1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: October 05, 2013, 02:34:19 AM

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

DaBigOno

Any updates on this project Bryan?
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Bryan Young

I am going ahead with cutting the metal washers.  The CAD designs are with the cutter and am awaiting delivery.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Shark Hunter

Any Idea what this is going to cost per set? Are we just buying washers for a 9 stack, or is it going to be a kit with drags and washers?

Life is Good!

Bryan Young

It'll be both. For those that like to tinker, I will sell just the washers. For those that want a set for straight installation, it will be a set.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Shark Hunter

Sounds good Bryan. Just let me know when they are ready. I'm down for a couple sets.
Life is Good!

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

bryan, put me on the list for one set and another 7 CF. my next project will be 114H. done with the 3/0 and 4/0 except dbl dogs still deciding bet sync or alt.

Ron Jones

That's great Bryan,
These washers would be great for making huge drag in Alan's Hex gears.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Bryan Young

awe, I forgot about the hex drags...am I going to run out of keyed washers?

Ron Jones

The washers should be like potato chips;

"Use all you want, Bryan will make more."

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Shark Hunter

Forgot about the Hex Drags! These are the hottest thing to come along besides my Everol!
Everyone needs to Thank Chui for making these for us. These are going to be legendary for pushing the 114H to its limits! Thanks to Bryan as well for making these washers for us! ;D
Life is Good!

broadway

Yummy! ...4 sets, please ;)
Send me a PM when they're ready
Dom

Shark Hunter

Quote from: Alto Mare on September 05, 2013, 01:55:39 AM
Quote from: Bunnlevel Sharker on September 05, 2013, 12:48:22 AM
Didn't Sal put a 9 stack in his 10/0?
I can actually get 10 and yes the last eared washer does catch. I believe Justin mentioned something like it but I'm not sure if he said 9 or 10.
There is a very good chance that I can squeeze one more CF washer and make it 11. I did not place the gear in the reel yet, but can't see why it wouldn't work.
Here you go:

I did not test these yet, but I'm sure they will do a good job. The reel should feel much smoother.
You guys need to slow down a bit ::), we're moving from one thing to another, non stop. ;D
Sal,
Are your CF's stock HT-100's for this 10 stack? Are the washers .20 like the one Bryan just made available?
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Those should be (11) carbon washers just add one more, you have lots of room there.
the metal washers are stock from Scotts and the carbon washers are the laminated ones from Erik, I believe .75mm....can't remember.
Bryan's thin washers are great, but I'm not sure they would do from the 4/0 and up, did anyone try those yet on larger reels?
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Well, I guess I'll be finding out. I'm going a different route. Stock HT-100's and thinner washers.
Life is Good!