Penn 114H 7+1 Drag Set

Started by Bryan Young, September 05, 2013, 12:39:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many of you would be interested in a 7+1 drag set for your Penn 114H?

Yes
17 (94.4%)
No
1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: October 05, 2013, 02:34:19 AM

Bryan Young

This pole will determine if it's financially feasable for me to do a run of thin metal washers for the creation of this set.

If yes, please note how many sets you would be interested in purchasing.

Thank you.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

john2244

Hello Bryan,

I would give this 7 stack a try.  It should also work for a Penn 9/0, correct ??

John

BMITCH

luck is the residue of design.

Bryan Young

Quote from: john2244 on September 05, 2013, 12:43:08 AM
Hello Bryan,

I would give this 7 stack a try.  It should also work for a Penn 9/0, correct ??

John
Yes, it would also work for the 9/0 reels as well.  All the washers are a lot thicker in the 6/0 and 9/0 reel.  It may even be possible for a 9 stack.  Only saying.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Bunnlevel Sharker

Didn't Sal put a 9 stack in his 10/0?
Grayson Lanier

garking84

Alto Mare

Quote from: Bunnlevel Sharker on September 05, 2013, 12:48:22 AM
Didn't Sal put a 9 stack in his 10/0?
I can actually get 10 and yes the last eared washer does catch. I believe Justin mentioned something like it but I'm not sure if he said 9 or 10.
There is a very good chance that I can squeeze one more CF washer and make it 11. I did not place the gear in the reel yet, but can't see why it wouldn't work.
Here you go:

I did not test these yet, but I'm sure they will do a good job. The reel should feel much smoother.
You guys need to slow down a bit ::), we're moving from one thing to another, non stop. ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Bryan are we voting on 114H or 113 in the poll?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Keta

I think someone has fat fingers, this should be 114H.  It looks like one of Allen's elves fixed it.  ;D

Sal, what kept you from putting the 11th washer in the stack?
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Nothing at all, I was thinking of the title,114h at the time. 11 washers will work in the 10/0 using .75mm laminated CF washers and standard 1.70mm stainless steel washers, not the older ones.
I believe we could go over 20 if you make 1mm ss washers.

We might have to move this 10/0 to a fresh post, you know how to do it better than me.
I don't want to get in the way of Bryan's 114H thread.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

JA_Angler

I have a 114h bought new in '07. What does the 7+1 drag set do for it and would I then need to upgrade other parts?

Kent

Cone

Bryan, I'm in for at least a set. JA, the 1+7 drag stack would let the reel produce more drag. At the same drag settings as the stock drag it should be smoother also. To use higher drag settings than the stock reel you should at least have a steel or stainless steel main gear. The brass gears would be a weak link and could strip. I would also put in a stainless gear sleeve and a one piece frame. A longer handle arm would also help. Stainless dogs are also available from Alan or Keta.   Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Bryan Young

Quote from: Pescachaser on September 05, 2013, 02:14:26 AM
Bryan are we voting on 144H or 113 in the poll?  Dominick
Two separate poles.  I've been asked and want to see what the interest is before I lay out cold hard cash to get this done.  Washers are already designed.  I need to know the interest to then determine the quantity then price per sent by the cutter.

saltydog

I would be in for one set of the 114H.
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

turboal