Mayonnaise / oyster sauce baked fish

Started by Night Prowler, September 06, 2013, 07:36:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Night Prowler

Hey guys and gals. Here's something to try if you have not done this before. I use firm white meat fish for this ( ulua, kahala, or even mahi is great for this. Yellowtail or halibut should be just as good.) and get great reviews. Your can also do this on the grill by wrapping the mixture in tin foil which will puff up when done. No measurement, just use the amounts that suit you except, use a generous amount of mayo as some will melt off and to keep your fish moist. I like to use boneless pieces of fish cut about a half inch thick and three by three inches. For a rectangle cake pan, I would use about 2 pounds of fish, 1 Portuguese or your favorite sausage sliced up into pieces, 1 small can of button mushrooms , 1 diced tomato, 1/2 sliced onion and , some imitation crab if you like. You can use any types of ingredients that you prefer. Season fish with garlic salt and pepper and combine all ingredients together in the cake pan or baking dish and sitr in a generous amount of mayo to cover entire mixture and add oyster sauce untill mayo is slightly brownish. Ensure all ingredients are mixed and covered with mayo/oyster sauce mixture, cover pan or dish with foil and, pop into oven at 375 untill fish and sausage in the middle are done. Remember, any variations of ingredients are up to you. Enjoy  :D

floating doc

I used to cook big (thus not very palatable) bluefish on a grill by wrapping fillets in aluminum foil with garlic, onion and green pepper slices, coated in mayo and doused with a generous shake of Kikkoman soy sauce. Punch holes in the bottom to let it drain. It was great!

Your recipe sounds good; thanks for sharing.
Central Florida

DaBigOno

This sounds good.   Portuguese sausage can make any fish taste good... :o
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Steve-O

Sounds tasty! I used to think mayo slathered on a grilled filet would ruin it.  Boy was I wrong!  Thamks for sharing. I have some halibut that just might work.