Shimano Tiagra 30wlrs clicker issue

Started by FDFisherman, September 07, 2013, 06:26:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FDFisherman

Clicker went on my tiagra 30wlrs.  Anyone have link oo the instruction on how to get to it to see what the issue is?  Thanks, vin

kamuwela

you will need to remove the right side plate, bridge then the two screws inside the plate holding the assembly. I have seen the older clicker explode the have since made upgraded clickers.

jonathan.han

http://schematics.planetseafishing.com/downloads/shimano/multiplier/tiagra-series/05TI30WLRSA_v1.pdf

Part TT686 "Alert Ratchet"
Part TT654 "Screw"

The screws strip out and the alert ratchet oscillates. Sometimes, the screws damage the main gear or the whole ratchet comes free. have to bump up to larger screws (try a slightly larger diameter countersunk screw to secure the ratchet as the existing holes have been stripped out or corroded).
raw instinct

FDFisherman

Do I need to remove the hi/lo gear clicker and handle assembly before removing the plate over the clicker assembly?

kamuwela

no you can remove the right plate and take a look inside. be sure to back off on the preset before taking it apart.

FDFisherman

Jonathan, you hit the nail on the head.  All 4 screws were out and clicker plate was floating around.  Thank u guys for the help

jonathan.han

Alan helped me with this one. I just had to fix 3 reels with this problem back to back. Now, I'm very intimate with this issue.
raw instinct