is it possible t oconvert LH reel to RH

Started by pcde123, September 08, 2013, 02:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcde123

i was giving it some thought because i have a 66004 c that is LH and i really want it to be a RH reel,is it possible to convert a reel? or is it easier to sell it, and buy a new one, probably loosing 20 bucks to shipping, like if u were to take the reel apart flip every component

Mandelstam

Rotate the rod and reel along the rods axis 180 degrees. You'd have to turn the handle backwards though...;)  No, seriously, I don't think you can. Easier to find a rh reel. The market (here in Sweden anyway) for LH is quite good so you might get a better price for the LH than you'd pay for a RH.

/Karl
"Fish," he said softly, aloud, "I'll stay with you until I am dead." - Santiago, Old Man And the Sea

Keta

Can't be done cost effectively.  Is this reel a 6601 C4 and not a 66004c?   I might know someone that has a 6600 C3 that might trade.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Ken_D

Quote from: pcde123 on September 08, 2013, 02:15:32 PM
i was giving it some thought because i have a 66004 c that is LH and i really want it to be a RH reel,is it possible to convert a reel? or is it easier to sell it, and buy a new one, probably losing 20 bucks to shipping, like if u were to take the reel apart flip every component

As Mr. Keta advised above, it would cost you many S&H green stamps, as you would need the handle nut, driveshaft, frame, sideplates, pinion yoke, and the gearset.