Bearing Shield retaining clip remover/Avet bearing shield remover

Started by jonathan.han, September 10, 2013, 06:42:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonathan.han

I've been using a Gamakatsu EWG Worm hook in a size 2/0. I tie a short length of line (I think I used 30lb. Big Lame) long enough so that I hold the hook with my index and thumb and the perfection loop is attached to my pinkie finger so that I can get adequate pressure to lift shields completely off tiny bearings or to remove the clip holding shields on larger bearings. Works great if you have to repack bearings without a packer or to remove the shield off smaller bearing half inch and smaller in OD. If it demands some more persuasive force, there's always a sharpened probe... Makes life easier.

raw instinct

day0ne

David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

jonathan.han

Just what I call Berkley Big Game. Nothing special about; it works. No gimmicks.
raw instinct

day0ne

I caught the joke. Just commenting because I thought it was funny
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

jonathan.han

There are lots of other names for brands, but I think it would offend big advocates for certain products on this board so I will digress.
raw instinct

Bunnlevel Sharker

Grayson Lanier

jonathan.han

I haven't had the same issues a lot of people complain about with most lines. It's all about using them in specific applications and knowing their weaknesses. Also, tying good knots and proper lubrication before cinching. P-line is the worst braid around (noisy and rough weave), but it cuts through vegetation like nobody's business.
raw instinct