Need Advice on Rod clamps for Penn 113h and Penn 114h on Accuframes!!

Started by TomT, September 13, 2013, 06:16:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

day0ne

Quote from: George4741 on September 16, 2013, 08:16:25 PM
.  DayOne, I hope I didn't step on your toes.

Not at all. Glad you had a picture of the Tiburon clamps. I couldn't find a good picture. I really like those clamps. Another thought is the Shimano TLD clamps. They fit the Penns also. I've also gotten very good deals on the Okuma clamp sets. Under $10 for the whole set and they are the same size as the Shimano sets
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

alantani

i found a black accurate clamp and the holes (center to center) are 1.375 inches apart, or 1 and 3/8ths inches.  i'm certain in can find bolts as well, in 1/4-20.  looks like a "no go" for your reel.  if anyone else wants this, let me know.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

George4741

Quote from: Alto Mare on September 16, 2013, 09:40:06 PM
;D ;D...Just playing around George. I already know how you keep your stuff that is why I said it ;)

;D ;D...I know.  I'm just playing around, too, old buddy. ;D

Quote from: day0ne on September 16, 2013, 10:47:13 PM

Glad you had a picture of the Tiburon clamps. I couldn't find a good picture. I really like those clamps. Another thought is the Shimano TLD clamps. They fit the Penns also. I've also gotten very good deals on the Okuma clamp sets. Under $10 for the whole set and they are the same size as the Shimano sets

Yes, the Tiburon clamps are nice.  I didn't include a photo of the Tib 6/0 clamp, but it is almost identical in size to the Albacore Special clamp.

Tom, you say your Accurate 113h frame has a bolt spacing of 1-1/2"?  I have most of the Penn clamps and I don't think any of them will fit without some modification.
  George
viurem lliures o morirem

TomT

Again I want to thank all of you guys for responding.  And George has really done an excellent job researching this.  I have a Baja 113hn and you are right the bolts are a perfect fit.  Right now is a search for the correct rod clamp.  George, you questioned my measurement of the 113h spacing and again you are right.  The hole to hole spacing is the same for both reals at 1 5/8".  I will let you know what my final solution is but I want to thank you all for taking the time to try to help a fellow angler.  I's hard to believe I am interacting with Alan, Sal, Dayone and George.  ;)
TomT

George4741

Yeah, it's irritating when you buy a reel and the rod clamp is missing. It means you may have to shell out more money for one, and then that great deal you found on ebay doesn't look so good. Unless they have been lost, there's no reason not to include them with the reel.   

Those graphite clamps DO look pretty good on the Accurate and Tib frames and I wouldn't hesitate to use them in a pinch. Tom, I would never have experimented with them if you didn't start this post. Thanks!   
  George
viurem lliures o morirem