drag washer question

Started by pcde123, September 15, 2013, 01:07:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcde123

so ive been lookingat drag washers my daiwa sealine and alan said to use penn 114 washers, i look on ebay and i find 2 kinds of washers, they are both meant for penn 114's but uhhhh i guess u can say the donut hole in the drag washers are different sizes, why is this?? which one should i use?http://www.ebay.com/itm/Penn-Reel-114-Drag-Kit-Includes-Fiber-Washer-/171105716998?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27d6b20b06

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Penn-carbon-drag-SENATOR-114-114L2-/121168588200?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c3635eda8

TomT

I surely am no expert but there is a Penn 114 and a Penn 114h.  They are 2 different reels and among other parts take different drag washers.  Since Alan did not specify 114h, I would assume that you need the drags from the 114.  I am sure that someone with expertise on your reel will chime in with "reel" advice.
TomT

jonathan.han

The drag washer size is the same for the 114 and 114H. It's still a 114, they just denote the change in manufacturing countries. It will work fine.
raw instinct

Alto Mare

114 washers:
https://www.mysticparts.com/PennParts/Parts/6-114SP.aspx
114h washers:
https://www.mysticparts.com/PennParts/Parts/6-114HSP.aspx

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

Quote from: jonathan.han on September 17, 2013, 02:04:37 AM
The drag washer size is the same for the 114 and 114H. It's still a 114, they just denote the change in manufacturing countries. It will work fine.

Are you sure about this.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

the 114 is a black side plate low gear reel that uses #6-114 drags.  the 114h is the red side plate high speed model that uses #6-115 drags.  they are different. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Ron Jones

Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Alto Mare

I thought I had this one covered with pictures and descriptions ::)...oh well ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bunnlevel Sharker

the 114 drags have a smaller OD
Grayson Lanier

Bryan Young

Pcde123, are you referring to the 600 or 900?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keta

Quote from: Alto Mare on September 17, 2013, 10:27:34 AM
I thought I had this one covered with pictures and descriptions ::)...oh well ;D

Me too with my question after your photos.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

pcde123

i was refering to the 50H, i think i have everything solved out thanks

bluefish69

Quote from: pcde123 on September 18, 2013, 02:57:36 AM
i was refering to the 50H, i think i have everything solved out thanks

I wish you would say who you are talking to. I hope your problem is solved.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

jonathan.han

Ah yes. Alan mentioned this to me today. It's the tiny washers in the 114 and the larger in the 114H. What can I say? I was a little brain dead after sleeping a half hour and then leaving for the harbor at 2 am on Sunday morning for an albacore run and getting back at 11pm smelling like straight tuna death! I slept for 13-14 hours and slept through my alarm I had set at 8am. I told Alan I'd help him move his daughter's stuff. I was comatose...apologies for the disinformation.
raw instinct

Keta

We all have our "D'oh" moments.

Mark Twain