Bluefish Grilled or Fried

Started by ChileRelleno, September 15, 2013, 03:55:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChileRelleno

GRILLED

Fillets

Moderately coat the filets with a mixture of mayo and Dijon or spicy mustard.
Add a little garlic powder (or salt), lemon pepper, or dill, etc. for seasonings.

Then grill them on a HOT plate (or in a turning basket) for 15-20 minutes (about 8-10 minutes each side).

FRIED
Slather the fillets with mayo, sprinkle on some Cavender's Greek Seasonings, lightly roll in corn meal and pan fry.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Jerseymic

Hi ChileRelleno,

You have some great recipes (I love spicy food) the trouble is over here in the U.K. where I live I can't get a lot of the ingredients you use on your side of the pond.

I can get the ingredients for this one, and will definitely give it a try, looks a tasty way to grill fillets.

Mike.

bluefish69

Chile

If you take that Red Blood Line out of the Fillet the dish will be better tasting.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

ChileRelleno

Quote from: bluefish69 on September 15, 2013, 04:20:38 PM
Chile

If you take that Red Blood Line out of the Fillet the dish will be better tasting.

Mike
It flakes right out with a fork after being cooked.
And I only use small-medium sized Blues, they're not nearly so strong in taste.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Bunnlevel Sharker

One mroe thing for guys that hvae never done this, freezing makes the meat mushy. snapper blues are the bomb!
Grayson Lanier

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

SAME AS THE BLUEFISH OUT OF MONTAUK? IF SO, FRIED (MOST INSHORE SPECIE)...

Bunnlevel Sharker

Grayson Lanier