P.E.I. 3 days Giant Tuna Trip! Video added!

Started by jiggingworld, September 17, 2013, 09:38:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cone

Spectacular! I can't even imagine tying into one of these. Thanks!    Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

jiggingworld

what do you guys think rod action? this was not designed for giants, thinking about bring in for long range yellow fin tuna and heavy duty jigging rod.
length is 5'2"(with Gimbal) and around 15oz.

Yong.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

bluefish69

Quote from: jiggingworld on September 18, 2013, 05:06:26 PM
what do you guys think rod action? this was not designed for giants, thinking about bring in for long range yellow fin tuna and heavy duty jigging rod.

Yong.

I think Ralph [Rodwinder] built you a heck of a good rod. He builds nothing but the best. I have 2 of Ralph's rods.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

jiggingworld

Quote from: bluefish69 on September 18, 2013, 09:33:20 PM
Quote from: jiggingworld on September 18, 2013, 05:06:26 PM

Yong.

I think Ralph [Rodwinder] built you a heck of a good rod. He builds nothing but the best. I have 2 of Ralph's rods.

Mike

yes, he does.

He build me 5 custom rods and I love every single one.

Yong.

Makule

Those are incredibly large fish, and the time to land is impressive.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

john2244

If you like Avets you should check out their 3 speed reel. I am not sure of the drag rating but it is a big reel.  I used one this year fishing the Kite and lost the fish due a line failure.

John 

wallacewt

jiggingworld

Quote from: wallacewt on September 20, 2013, 07:10:39 PM
what part of the world did this take place? ;)

It's Prince Edward Island in Canada.

yong.

Joel.B

:o my back went out just looking at those pics

jonathan.han

raw instinct

jiggingworld

Quote from: Joel.B on September 21, 2013, 04:56:53 PM
  :o my back went out just looking at those pics

actually, you do not use you back at all, it's all  in you lower body, more in thighs and legs, I used my small black magic belt first day, and used extra large belt on second fish, much better, all the pressure that fish pull goes to you thighs, bigger is better, also, braid harness is much than black magic harness.

Yong.

Tightlines667

I think the AVET TREX 50 may be my new favorite recommendation for a go to standup fishing reel, spooled up identical to yours.  I have yet to fish one, but was impressed with the internals when I serviced and spooled up a pair recently.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

jiggingworld

Quote from: Tightlines666 on October 07, 2013, 10:53:30 AM
I think the AVET TREX 50 may be my new favorite recommendation for a go to standup fishing reel, spooled up identical to yours.  I have yet to fish one, but was impressed with the internals when I serviced and spooled up a pair recently.

Greg, He got 26 (now 29 maybe) Giants on his T-Rex 50w. He never even servicd. The only complain is free spool.