jigmaster magnum

Started by garking84, September 18, 2013, 03:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garking84

I have a couple of jigmaster 500 some original, some with Newell upgrades all around, and some with Tiburon frames. But I had never seen a jigmaster magnum until today I found one on eBay. Its beautiful I really want it my only question is I have no idea what it's worth? Money isn't really an issue I just don't want to over pay for it. What would you all value a reel like this also some info on this reel would be appreciated.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290979436088?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Above is the link so you could check it out

Alto Mare

Let me start by saying that I've been looking for one of those for quite some time now, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I also want to assure you that since you've posted it here, I do not have any interest in bidding on it.
That reel could go anywhere from $280 to $400, I personally wouldn't pay more than $300, maybe a little more if it was new.
Don't be surprised if you see it go for over $400 those are extremely rare.
It all comes down to how bad someone wants it.
Good luck!
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

nelz

Sheesh, I'd rather just get a real Accurate at those prices! It's nice that they kept the clicker on that sideplate though.

garking84

Alto mare, thanks for helping me out by putting a value on this magnum, now i have something to go by. from what I understand its a jigmaster with the internals of a 113h 4/0?

Alto Mare

Keep in mind I don't specialize on quoting this stuff, this is what I've seen them go for in the past.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

garking84

Keep in mind I don't specialize on quoting this stuff, this is what I've seen them go for in the past.
Sal

I sure will I just wanted  an estimate on this reel because I had never seen or heard of a magnum before. I really like this site and believe in what you and others have to say on here.

Joel.B

So a 99 sized JM with 4/0 guts- which progear would be equivalent?

john2244

The diameter of a Penn 99 is about the same as a PG 545 and the width is about 1/2"  wider than a PG 545.  Overall a PG 545 is about the same size as a Penn 501/506.

John

raumati01

That reel on ebay looks more like the size of a Pro gear 541 ? Good find though, I would love to have a fishing session with it.

Joel.B

Apparently the magnum 99 on ebay has 4;1 stainless gears too, seller forgot to mention that

twopatch

$291.01 with 7 hours to go. :o  How high will it go?

garking84

I believe it sold for a little over 300. 290 was my max bid luckily I didn't win it, i found one at my local tackle shop bought it for $180. Its a great reel I'll try to post pics later, I like it so much that I'm looking for another one. I found another one on eBay but I'm not interested in it because it shows some wear. Just tought I'd share the link maybe one of you will be interested in it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290987477641?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649