daiwa sealine 50h, for surf casting....idk

Started by pcde123, September 21, 2013, 09:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Jones

Hell, TWO of my cars still have carbs and I shake when I get next to a lever drag reel. I guess that's why they call us Elmers.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

bluefish69

Ron

So now I'm an Elmer. Most of the time I'm referred to as Santa.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

pcde123

sorry, im only 16 , barely started driving, thanks for explaining the carb cleaner, shouldi put them back in witout lube or grease? will they rust in salt water

Bryan Young

Pm me your address. Ill send you two new bearings with bearing cups, cleaned and lubed with TSI301.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Ron Jones

I told you Bryan!!

pcde123, hang around here and we'll get you sorted out.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

AndrewC

Quote from: Bryan Young on September 23, 2013, 04:10:37 PM
They are solid reels, and I'd use them for casting.  Bearings need to be cleaned out as they are packed very well with grease.  You cannot remove the bearing from the cup so I open the one side, spray out the grease with compressed air, soak them is WD-40 then blow them out with compressed air again then repeat another time.  Then spray carb cleaner and compressed air again then I dip in TSI301 or add a drop or two of TSI321 and I'm good.  You'll get more spin than you may want.

Hi Bryan

I thought Carb Cleaner was something us Diabetics used to get rid of excess carbs ;D... Like lighter fluid is the latest weight loss drug ;D ;D ;D
The worlds a better place when its upside down

Bunnlevel Sharker

Lol I learned all this stuff at a young age, when you grow up on a farm you learn this stuff
Grayson Lanier