Teleajen and Drajna trip - season ender

Started by Tile, September 23, 2013, 10:36:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tile

After work I decided to go fishing on the Teleajen river for the last time this year. The weather was beautiful but cold. Instead of my short bolognese rod and small spinner I used my 3.9 m carp rod and a Fladen Maxximus multiplier reel and after gathering some bait from the Drajna river I settled myself in front of the dam gates and after a bit of persistence I landed and released a chub.
In solid fiberglass we trust

Tile

Since I started fishing on the Teleajen river the dam holds a special place for me because it is the site where I caught my first fish on the river. When I was in college and got time to come home I made sure that I went fishing at least once every season.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Tile

When the spring arrives I will be back on the Teleajen with a rod and reel in my hand and hopefully with a nice company. Now the weather is really nasty (maybe I can get a break to sling a lead on the casting range).

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

wallacewt

hi tile
i managed to track you down on google earth
and the dam(weir)
its cold,man,ill pass :D
cheers

Dominick

Always happy to see photos.  Thank you.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Tile

Last summer the temperatures were at 37-40 degrees C for almost 3 months in a row. The summers can get really hot in Romania not to mention extreme weather events. The chub was caught in front of the dam gates.

wallacewt

hi tile
never realised those extreme temp;
we,ll put it down to climate change
cheers mate