Flanged bearings

Started by Ron Jones, September 23, 2013, 10:50:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Jones

I am working on my grandfathers Diawa 100x. It is a little spinner that I used around his house and is the last thing he gave me before he passed. The shaft through the main gear is located with two plastic flanged bushings that I would like to replace. As much as I don't care for bearings I think it will be easier to find them than bronze bushings. Anyone have any idea for a source?

Thanks
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

alantani

boca carries flanged bearings......
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Mandelstam

I was looking into bushings the other week and found a source here in Sweden that carried a lot of them. A lot of flanged bronze bushings as well.. So don't give up on bushings yet. What are the dimensions?

/Karl
"Fish," he said softly, aloud, "I'll stay with you until I am dead." - Santiago, Old Man And the Sea

philaroman

if you go w/ bearings, they don't have to be flanged -- it's not like the outer rim is going to wear against the frame.

not sure about Daiwa, but w/ Shimano only plastic is flanged -- not, brass or BB.  I pulled some very nice brass out of old, beat-up, pot-metal Shimano clunkers (MLX-200/300, I think) that are same size as RD-2293 nylon & RD-0930 bearing.  obviously, this info is for your TX-4000FA, but the same principle may apply...  $2/flea-market beats $20+/mail-order, IMO

Ron Jones

Cool, I'll start looking for those. In the Diawa, I'm pretty sure the bushings would fall out the reel if they weren't flanged. I spent some time looking at schematics and it looks like the 1000x has metal bushings and the Black Magic 10 has bearings that I am guessing are the same size. Mikes has both and I am going with the bushings.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

ez2cdave

I would consider "magging" the reel . . . There are "Mono-Mag kits" from the UK that can be used an MANY different reels !

floating doc

Why and how do you mag a spinner?
Central Florida

ez2cdave

Quote from: floating doc on December 15, 2013, 01:56:32 AM

Sorry, I was thinking about a different message thread and typed that by mistake - LOL !

floating doc

Quote from: ez2cdave on December 25, 2013, 10:27:47 PM
Quote from: floating doc on December 15, 2013, 01:56:32 AM

Sorry, I was thinking about a different message thread and typed that by mistake - LOL !

Okay,  I thought I was going to learn something new!
Central Florida