penn 9/0

Started by mjg3, September 25, 2013, 01:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChileRelleno

Listen to these folks, they'll guide you right and bend over backwards to help out if needed.
Sounds like easy fixes to me.

There is no way in Hades that standard overhauls/rebuilds and the regular stainless steel aftermarket parts, e.g. dog, yoke, gear sleeve, and even buying one of the 'soon to come' gears, will cost anywhere near two new Avets.  Perhaps if you find some nice Accurate frames, but no need to go all out if money is an issue.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Shark Hunter

I wish I had a 9/0 Accurate frame! I missed that boat. :'(
Life is Good!

saltydog

On that note they have ss posts for 9/0 on fleabay matched with ss screws help with that issue, am still working on a friend who's gonna try to make a ss reel foot when he has time next year.
Haven't found a frame for under a couple hundred buck lately.

Those fixes are not that expensive, and are a whole lot cheaper and easier to take care of than two Avets.
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

Dynamo

I wished so too. I planned on tanking my 9/0, then I got the 12/0. Goodbye 9/0, hello 12/0, haha. I still love my 9/0, though, very capable and comfortable to use without harness. I want a topless frame for my 116.

Shark Hunter

I also would like a topless frame for a 116. Also the 116A. ;)
Life is Good!

Dynamo

How about a narrow topless 10/0 Accuframe! That'd be tubular. Didn't Accurate make side plates for the smaller Senators? Imagine a full 16/0 Accurate conversion. wow.......

Shark Hunter

I'll take a half dozen of each!
Life is Good!

Dynamo

ChileRelleno

@ Dynamo,  tank'em all, double dogs and stainless guts where possible.
Get your name down for Alan's SS gear sets  ;)

Somebody make stainless bridges/posts...  Please?  ;D
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Dynamo

Quote from: ChileRelleno on September 30, 2013, 05:27:30 AM
@ Dynamo,  tank'em all, double dogs and stainless guts where possible.
Get your name down for Alan's SS gear sets  ;)

Somebody make stainless bridges/posts...  Please?  ;D
I will when I can, CR, maybe when I'm less broke, haha.