Penn 9\0 drag washer rebuild

Started by fishhead, March 28, 2010, 03:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishhead

Hello,

I am a newbie I have been lurking looking at posts of various rebuilds but I have to ask if you have a Penn 9\0 tutorial that is online.
I bought Cal's grease, new ht100 washers from Scots and just about to dive in but need someone to hold my hand. I have rebuild other Penn's but not trolling reels. I also would like info on how to add an addtional #6 washer to main gear for extra pressure. Alan I am interested in handle upgrade also. Thanks for any info.

alantani

i just finished a 9/0 senator.  they are very straight forward.  you'll need a #6-114 drag washer to go underneath the main gear.  you will hopefully already have 5 of the ht-100's inside the main gear.  just clean them up and coat them with cal's grease.  send me a pm and i can ship these out to you if you wish, or go to mysticparts.com.  thanks!  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

fishhead

I bought the kit from Scot's bait and tackle to rebuild it is the HT -100 kit for 6-114HSP it had 9 washers in it. I notice that the size of the stack in smaller. I also have the felt washer and sealer 140 & 136 with models with accessible drag. There seems to be lot of extra space in between the star mechanism and handle is that normal? or do I need more washers?

alantani

the large gap between the star and handle is normal for these reels.  you just have to make sure the star does not bottom out. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!