Buckets of Fish

Started by mrbrklyn, September 26, 2013, 06:21:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Jones

At some point I don't want to clean any more fish!! ;D
Nice catch.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

saltydog

Tip the mates or buy an electric knife.
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

wallacewt

what sort of fish are we looking at here,i presume they are good eating and saltwater species.cheers

conchydong

Nice job mrbrklyn, lots of good eats there.

Wallacewt, they are a type of Porgy called a Scup. They would be related to what you would call a Sea Bream in your part of the world. We don't get that particular type of Porgy where I live in Southern Florida but we have several others almost identical. They are all good eating.

conchydong

Quote from: mrbrklyn on September 29, 2013, 06:08:55 AM
Actually, it is the Black Sea bass that are of particular interest. 

Gotcha, I figured he was asking about the Porgies as they were the most plentiful in the buckets. BSB is one of my favorites, its funny, we never caught them either this far south but the last couple years, they have been making a showing  in the 300' depth range.

broschro

love me some bsb.i have a nice spot in 65 ft that is hot. i will post some pics soon this is the time of year i like to fish.

broadway

Sea bass and porgy are hitting like crazy off brooklyn, but no false albies or big bass yet;(
Nice day out Mr.B!
Dom

broschro

the biger ones we get r in the 14"to16" in north FL

Ron Jones

Are these the same Black Sea Bass that grow to hundreds of pounds?

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

saltydog

No those are the ones off of Cali. in the pacific.The Atlantic BSB don't get very big.
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

bluefish69

Bigest that I have seen on the East Coast was 6-7 #. Those are monsters BSB. We might get a early Winter season this Winter.

Mike

I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

broschro

That's me guts feeling  ;D I cant wait to eat some BSB and grouper.