cortland master braid vs tufline xp

Started by pcde123, September 29, 2013, 05:30:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcde123

so ive narrowed down my choices to these 2 types of braid,
300yds of tufline is 20$+free shipping while cortland is 35+shipping
tufline is known for being american made and high breaking strength
cortland is know for its smoothness and thin diameter.
but i want to know your opinion on which ones better
i will  buy one, test it, and buy the other after i use the first on a trip, then use the second on the next trip and compare.

alantani

check with black pearl on this board to check out his braid.  i just spooled up four reels with 600 yards of 130# and it looks great!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bunnlevel Sharker

Cortland is top of the line, but tuff line is a great product. Either or
Grayson Lanier

pcde123

no im just looking for some line for a low profile bait caster, nothing over 30lb-40lb, i see some jerry brown briad for 22, http://www.tackledirect.com/jerry-brown-line-one-non-hollow-spectra-braided-line-150yds-30lb.html

Dynamo

Both are great, I'd pick up the Tufline though because of the price. It'll be fine.

Makule

Quotei will  buy one, test it, and buy the other after i use the first on a trip, then use the second on the next trip and compare.

I think after you do this, you should tell us what's better, rather than the reverse.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

Three se7ens

http://www.paulusjustfishing.com/4linetesting.htm

That site has a very comprehensive listing of breaking strengths vs measured diameters. Most braids measure far over their advertised diameter, and the tuf line series are all very thick with relatively low breaking strengths, except the 30 lb test. I currently have that line as backing on one of my reels.

I haven't tried the cortland braid yet, but far and away my favorite is daiwas saltiga boat braid. I have it on 2 reels at the moment, but Im transitioning to using it on every offshore spinning reel and the smaller conventionals. The biggest downside is only 55, 80, and 100 lb tests are offered in 300m spools, while the other tests are only available in 1800m spools.

For lighter line for inshore, I use both tuf line 30 lb, and powerpro super 8 slick.  The powerpro feels better, but it's more sensitive to knots with it being so slick.

Dynamo

tuf line series are all very thick with relatively low breaking strengths,

Its thick because its eight strand braid. Thus its twice as "Tuf"" as PP, which is four strand.