Baja Special

Started by Roger, March 30, 2010, 12:30:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger

Alan, my son just bought a used 113HN and got a real good price on it. From the pictures it looks like it's in real good shape.

What I'm curious about is the washer under the gear. Looking at your rebuild you didn't swap it because of clearance and I also see the bearing. I guess what I'm asking is how the relationship between the bearing and the washer play out and is it worth swapping out for a carbon fiber washer.
Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

alantani

your son chose well.  lately i've been using a 6-113 washer.  it's thicker than trhe stock fiber washer.  to make up for the extra height, you have to take the two bellevilles at the top of the stack and rearrange them from "()" to "((".  then everything works.  a 6/0 kolekar grip is a nice finishing touch.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Roger

Alan, Thanks, I just happen to have a few of those lying around.....
Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain