Counterbalanced handle for Fathom 25LW??

Started by 96720, October 02, 2013, 05:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I'd really appreciate some input on a handle upgrade/swap for a Fathom FTH25LW.  Does anyone know of a counterbalanced handle that would fit this reel?  Or, what gear shaft shape and size that would be "close enough" to do some slight grinding to fit the reel?  Thanks.

Bunnlevel Sharker

Hey measure the gear sleeve, I might have a handle that will fit if I can get a measurement.
Grayson Lanier

VW

Go to mysticparts.com, then Handle Options from the list in the MysticParts dropdown menu at the top.  There is a chart showing which size sleeve is used in each reel model, and a listing of all Penn handles that fit that sleeve.  Then you also know which size aftermarket/custom handle will fit.

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"

Quote from: Bunnlevel Sharker on October 02, 2013, 11:00:57 AM
Hey measure the gear sleeve, I might have a handle that will fit if I can get a measurement.

Thanks for the offer.  I'm getting a little ahead of myself, the reel hasn't arrived yet but I do know I want a counterbalanced handle on it.  Will measure it and let you know.  I'm figuring it'll be close to a 113H??

Quote from: VW on October 02, 2013, 03:48:16 PM
Go to mysticparts.com, then Handle Options from the list on left side.  There is a chart showing which size sleeve is used in each reel model, and a listing of all Penn handles that fit that sleeve.  Then you also know which size aftermarket/custom handle will fit.

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"

Thanks, I went there and the reel isn't even listed so I made my way here where all the knowledge is at.

Bunnlevel Sharker

I not real sure never got to break one down, if it's close to a 545 gs I have a handle for you
Grayson Lanier

Quote from: Bunnlevel Sharker on October 03, 2013, 12:47:30 AM
I not real sure never got to break one down, if it's close to a 545 gs I have a handle for you

Thanks, I'll have to wait till the reel arrives then I'll have a chance to measure and try fitting some handles I have to see which fits the closest.  I'll let you know what happens.

Just finished measuring the main gear shaft handle slot on the reel.  The length is slightly longer than the width.  The length measures 6.18mm or .245in (slghtly less than 16/64 or 3/16) the width measures 5.93mm or .238in (just about 15/64) and the thickness is 3.65mm or .143in (slightly less than 1/64).  Does anyone have a "cross reference" to a "stock" handle that will fit this slot?  Or, maybe one that will fit with minimal modification?  Thanks.