Mustad customer service

Started by smnaguwa, October 03, 2013, 09:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Quote from: Bunnlevel Sharker on October 19, 2013, 02:05:21 AM
Chinese mustad steel ain't the best in terms of sharpening :-\

Chinese mustard gets very hot if you add rice vinegar.   ;D  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

philaroman

and Chinese steel steel gets very mustard-colored, if you add water  ...or, rice vinegar  ...or, mustard  ...or,moisture of any kind  ...or, you just mention moisture, in a loud authoritative voice

Shark Hunter

Yes,  after a day in the salt, the Mustad will look like its been dropped in acid. The saltwater eats up the so called "Duratin" Finish. I usually have a couple Sharks under my belt by days end, so I consider its services no longer required, plus if I can't get one out, I know that Chinese steel will rust out pretty quick. I give $1 each for a 20/0 Mustad Circle.
Life is Good!

Keta

I still have a few made in USA spring scales I'm selling for $8.00 plus shipping.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Shark Hunter

I'll take one of those Lee as long as they go to 50lbs or so.
Life is Good!

Keta

Quote from: Shark Hunter on October 23, 2013, 04:25:24 PM
I'll take one of those Lee as long as they go to 50lbs or so.

I'll check and see if I have and 50/60 ones, I have a pile of 8lb and a few 16lb.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Dynamo

Yes,  after a day in the salt, the Mustad will look like its been dropped in acid. The saltwater eats up the so called "Duratin" Finish.

One of the multiple reasons I'm not a fan of those hooks. They're larger than the LP's, but I feel the Lindgren Pitmans are a better deal. Qualiy has deteriorated since the Mustad standard circle production has been moved overseas. The Musta Circles used to be made in America, not anymore :(. I can imagine they used to be better. Its sad.