Mustad customer service

Started by smnaguwa, October 03, 2013, 09:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smnaguwa

Anyone know how to contact Mustad customer service via e-mail?
Thanks

day0ne

David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

smnaguwa

I am in the USA and wanted some info on their fishing accessories - what metals were used in the construction. Thanks.

philaroman

Unless it's something still made in Norway, I doubt you'll get a straight answer about any product outsourced to God-knows-where...  look for independent reviews

Bunnlevel Sharker

Norway hooks are best, the new Chinese hooks don't take an edge the same
Grayson Lanier

Shark Hunter

So Mustads are China made? The 20/0 straight Circles? Dammit! >:(
Life is Good!

Bunnlevel Sharker

Yep most hooks are nowadays. Them Japanese made owners are the deal along wth te gami tunas
Grayson Lanier

redsetta

QuoteThem Japanese made owners are the deal...
x2
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Bucktail

If you are talking specifically about their line of accessories (scales, lip grippers, etc.) I believe they are all made in China in a factory that makes the same stuff for other manufacturers.  They just paint it a different color and put their name on it.  Looks like Mustad, Field & Stream, Rapala and others use the same shop.

http://www.traderscity.com/board/products-1/offers-to-sell-and-export-1/fishing-scale-fishing-tools-weighing-tools-11kg-22kg-big-spring-71339/

Just a jig-a-lo

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

smnaguwa

Thanks for all the replies. Tough to buy gear these days as most of the manufacturing is being out-sourced.

Irish Jigger

Tough indeed! I use a particular Mustad hook which was originally made in Norway,then Singapore and now China,don't  know if the quality has deteriorated but they have not got any cheaper. Maybe the price of rice has gone up ;)

Shark Hunter

Quote from: smnaguwa on October 18, 2013, 04:44:42 PM
Thanks for all the replies. Tough to buy gear these days as most of the manufacturing is being out-sourced.
Yes, it is a problem, but I still like Mustads. There are so many hooks to choose from, it is overwhelming.
There is a rage over VMC hooks. I finally got me some 16/0 circles and they are sharp as all get out. They are made in France! :-\
I'll keep fishing my Senators, I know where they are made! ;)
I have to compromise on the hooks. It is what it is. ::)
Life is Good!

Bunnlevel Sharker

Chinese mustad steel ain't the best in terms of sharpening :-\
Grayson Lanier