Oct 3rd. Tile fish trip.

Started by jiggingworld, October 04, 2013, 05:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jiggingworld

Quote from: conchydong on October 07, 2013, 06:51:17 PM
Quote from: Steve-O on October 07, 2013, 05:09:58 PM
  No need to toss any of them back ....just observe the regs on limits then move off of them to target another species.

Easier said then done. If we target other deep water species such as Barrel fish or Black belly rosefish in the areas under the jurisdiction of the SAFMC we still can catch Golden tiles and Snowy groupers as bycatch. Because you cannot retain these species at all, they must be thrown back to die.
Here is a nice tile caught in season.

nice tile, I don't care if I catch nice tile fish on bait or jig, but one day I will land one!!

jiggingworld

Quote from: mrbrklyn on October 08, 2013, 12:57:33 AM
Quote from: jiggingworld on October 07, 2013, 07:39:12 PM
Quote from: conchydong on October 07, 2013, 06:51:17 PM
Quote from: Steve-O on October 07, 2013, 05:09:58 PM
  No need to toss any of them back ....just observe the regs on limits then move off of them to target another species.

Easier said then done. If we target other deep water species such as Barrel fish or Black belly rosefish in the areas under the jurisdiction of the SAFMC we still can catch Golden tiles and Snowy groupers as bycatch. Because you cannot retain these species at all, they must be thrown back to die.
Here is a nice tile caught in season.

nice tile, I don't care if I catch nice tile fish on bait or jig, but one day I will land one!!

I don't understand

nice tile fish,

I don't care if I catch nice tile fish on bait or jig, but one day I will land 50lb !!

;D