N 9 peerless

Started by Bigmike1984, October 05, 2013, 09:06:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigmike1984

Hello guys 1st post on here.

I have a old N9 peerless that I got for nothing. Trying to get it apart to clean it and can't get the right side iE the two springs yolk dog leg and everything that's on that side back in.

Now is there a order that is has to go in. It's there a tool? Is there a tutorial on here that shows the steps how to get if back together???

Tanks for any info and help.

VW

Hello Bigmike,

All the Penn reels are basically the same.  The 209 is identical, just larger, and I know there is a tutorial with photos on the site.  After you get it back together you will be able to fix any Penn conventional. ;D

Bunnlevel Sharker

Ok. Cover the bridge screws with your fingers then set the springs on the ones the yoke goes on. Set yoke with pinion on then push down. Next while pushing down install the plate thing. Now set th dog with spring in, dog first then spring. Pull it back, drop in main gear/bridge assembley then rotate it in plAce and done
Grayson Lanier

Alto Mare

I'm confused, could you post some pictures ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bigmike1984

Quote from: Alto Mare on October 05, 2013, 01:30:02 PM
I'm confused, could you post some pictures ;)

Ya what he said! Lol

Bucktail

This video may help you, even though it does not show the level wind assembly.

Just a jig-a-lo

Alto Mare

I got it covered, I just wanted Bunnlevel Sharker to do a tutorial ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bigmike1984

;D

I can't believe it!! I got it. Did not see the video just stated to read what was posted over and over then it clicked!!

Thanks guys!!!

Bigmike1984

;D

I can't believe it!! I got it. Did not see the video just stated to read what was posted over and over then it clicked!!

Thanks guys!!!

Bunnlevel Sharker

Quote from: Alto Mare on October 05, 2013, 02:45:23 PM
I got it covered, I just wanted Bunnlevel Sharker to do a tutorial ;D
This winter I will ;D I'm glad I could help they are one of my favorite light tackle reels
Grayson Lanier

Shark Hunter

Welcome Big Mike! ;D
Glad you figured it out!
Life is Good!