Reel Resources

Started by Tommy_Tuna, April 01, 2010, 06:08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norcal Pescador

A good book would be nice, but there are so many reels, so many factory updates, modifications, etc., etc. Personally, I agree it would be real hard to keep up. I know I don't want a book covering a lot of reels that I don't have or plan to get. (But that's my issue.) So the best we can hope for are good forums like this one and the posters who are willing to share experience . . . oh, and a good printer.

Thanks, Alan, and the rest of you who are willing to share!

Rob
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Whiteman

Ever heard of a laptop? iPhone/iPad? Netbook?

Information delivered on paper, particularly for reference manuals is on the way out - you need up to date info and search facilities. Add to that online, personal help from the likes of Alan and you have all you need.

Tommy_Tuna

Whiteman,

Thanks for your advice. 

Take care,

TT

CapeFish

Could anyone please help with contact details, perhaps a phone number for Jeff Holder of ReelSchematic, have ordered some stuff from him, paid up and have had no response in more than 3 weeks, order just said awaiting confirmation, rather concerning.

Thanks for the great site Alan, have been visiting it for ages, but never registered.

thanks in advance

CF

chris73

Quote from: Whiteman on April 13, 2010, 03:48:18 AM
Ever heard of a laptop? iPhone/iPad? Netbook?

Information delivered on paper, particularly for reference manuals is on the way out - you need up to date info and search facilities. Add to that online, personal help from the likes of Alan and you have all you need.

Wow. I've been a printer for over 20 years. Paper and ink is my living. Sad, sad times.  :(

wallacewt

Quote from: Tommy_Tuna on April 01, 2010, 06:08:12 PM
Is there a reel repair & maintenance book available?  Alan's posts are most helpful, but if he were to put reel basics into book form, I would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks,

Tom
[/
quote]    reelschematics.com,boasts 9000 reels+other stuff on dvd.might be worth a look.cheers

Bub B.

I know this is an old topic but do not buy this guys stuff.  I hate to talk bad on anyone but the books do not give you much info.  It is like a sales pitch for other businesses.  I bought them they are really bad.  Half of the stuff has nothing to do with reel repair.  The one about starting your own business is about building a web site.  Nothing about business.  The DVD with the schematics won't play on my computer or my DVD player or xbox. 

alantani

you know, my avet 4/0-2 rebuild post is on his site without my permission.  not that it matters.  i took a look around one time but couldn't really get a good measure of how much substance he has.  whatever the case is, i wish him well.   besides, there is much ahead of us.  too much, in fact, to spend time looking back.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

alantani

check out what these guys are doing!

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

CapeFish

I also didn't have the greatest experience with them, lots more info on Alantani.com;D

exp2000

I am tempted to purchase the DVD set because Daiwa online schematics and some others are so crappy that they are barely legible.

Has anyone purchased a set and what are the Daiwa schematics like? Are they just a copy of the website crap or are they actually clear documents?
~