5600AB.

Started by Bigmike1984, October 09, 2013, 02:13:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigmike1984

Ok guys I got one of the web for cheap!

The thing about it is the plastic thumb bar is broke. Do I need to replace this or just turn it in to a C3 and be done with it? 

As always thanks for any info.

Bryan Young

Wow, that's a cool reel. 

You will need to replace the thumb bar.  I am not sure if it's still available.  I would contact pure fishing.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Ken_D

Quote from: Bigmike1984 on October 09, 2013, 02:13:19 AM
Ok guys I got one of the web for cheap!

The thing about it is the plastic thumb bar is broke. Do I need to replace this or just turn it in to a C3 and be done with it?  

As always thanks for any info.

Hi. As per Bryan's post: which thumb bar are you referring to: the casting one on the bottom, or the "flapper" one on the top?  You will need to locate and open the drawing that features the removeable "flapper" on the top, for the parts, then check to see if they are still out there. Abu's site, Mike's Reel site, and many more have the drawing you need.

If, however, it's the casting thumb bar, you are hooped, and will need a whole new frame, or: remove the thumb bar plastic with your dremel, to the bare post like a 55, from a 56, and cut a slot in the side plate for the cast button you will be buying. It's a 50.00 frame, versus about 15.00 in parts, and some time spent on locating and cutting the slot in the sde plte.