Daiwa Sealine 50H - Sideplate screws - thread size??

Started by Jason Groombridge, October 10, 2013, 02:44:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Groombridge

G'day Guys,

Just started servicing my newly acquired Sealine 50H and the fact that I could not get the right side ring off because of the captive screws was really bugging me. I could see a bit of corrosion/muck under there and wanted to get at it. I decided to cut the screws off to get the ring off and replace them with SS button head cap screws.

Well, that is not as easy as I first anticipated. The existing screws measure 3.35mm diameter (0.1325"). Whilst I was expecting a metric thread on these reels, I thought they might be 6-32, but that doesn't fit. M3 will fit but it is very loose. It may be M3.5. I was going to get on the lathe and duplicate the existing bolts by turning a little sleeve to go over the cap screws.

Do you guys have any ideas about the thread size? Or should I just try and get new screws from Daiwa?

Cheers

Jason

Jason Groombridge

G'day Guys,

For anyone that is interested the screws are M3.5-0.6. I managed to get some pan head philips screws in 304 SS to replace the original screws but button head cap screws were impossible to come by in small quantities.

I'll post up some photos when I have done the lathe work so you can see what I have done.

Cheers

Jason

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D