Black Pearl's gears for 500- 505 & 112H

Started by Alto Mare, October 11, 2013, 07:55:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broadway

Thanks for the testing, Sal... Can't wait to get mine;)
Which washers will we need for the custom 112h gears?
Thanks
Dom

Alto Mare

Washers thickness will determine how many. I believe .70mm carbon and the same for metal should give you 5+1.
I really like my washers on my personal reels laminated.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Ron Jones

Sal,
How many hexagon washers do you think can fit in the custom gear? I think 3 will fit in the normal one, does the custom have room for a fourth?

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Alto Mare

Ron, again it has to do with washers thickness. BTW, do you know something I don't?  Hex gears don't exist for these, the custom are 1mm lower than the standard, but no hex. It sure would be nice to get some hex cut gears though, maybe my buddy will do something about it :-\
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Ron Jones

Sal,
I know that you tried 3 different inserts and that my Tuna Special currently has one of Lee's inserts. I bet we could talk him into cutting some from thicker material to take advantage of the extra depth in the custom gear.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Alto Mare

Oh, you meant the insert, I would still like them to be one unit from Alan C. Btw, my .70mm laminated washers are holding up nicely.
Keep in mind we got 29lbs. using (3) washers, do we really need more? :-\

El Pescador

I was just about to head over to Dom's home for a splash of ZIN last evening!
and our mail arrived with my Black Pearl custom gear set for my 500!

Felt like I just won the lottery!

Alan, your machine quality is excellent, can't wait to pick Pargo out of the rocks in Cabo, Jan. 2014!

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Black Pearl

Please note that a stainless steel yoke will require to be install with this stainless steel gear set.

Smooth Drag has that stainless steel yoke for sale.

Thanks,
--Alan

El Pescador

GREAT ;D

Now I get to take it apart, ONE MORE TIME!!!!

Fish Hard, Pull Harder!!!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Black Pearl

Quote from: El Pescador on October 14, 2013, 05:13:10 PM
GREAT ;D

Now I get to take it apart, ONE MORE TIME!!!!

Fish Hard, Pull Harder!!!

Wayne

My bad...... :)

BonitaBch

Black Pearl, are you planning another run of these gears?  If so, when do you anticipate that to be?
Bonita Beach, FL

Ron Jones

Sal
I know that we're getting in the high twenties at max drag, but I am thinking about a Tiburon Bluefin Special for bottom fishing from a kayak and I'd like to get high twenties smoothly so I can turn the ulua around fast, to me that means a fourth drag disk.

Ron
Ronald Jones
"

Black Pearl

Quote from: BonitaBch on October 14, 2013, 09:07:51 PM
Black Pearl, are you planning another run of these gears?  If so, when do you anticipate that to be?
The mass production should be ready by end of Dec.

BonitaBch

Bonita Beach, FL

Alto Mare

Quote from: noyb72 on October 14, 2013, 10:43:34 PM
Sal
I know that we're getting in the high twenties at max drag, but I am thinking about a Tiburon Bluefin Special for bottom fishing from a kayak and I'd like to get high twenties smoothly so I can turn the ulua around fast, to me that means a fourth drag disk.

Ron
Sorry Ron, I thought I answered you on this one.
The Hex insert will give you 3 washers, those would be the same as having 5+1,. The 3+1 hex washers will give 5 working surfaces.
there is a way you could install 5+1 hex washers, that will give you 9 working surfaces.
Very dangerous to go that way.....I am ;D, just make sure you use the correct line or leader.
It will be hard to find a smoother reel if you go with the 5+1 Hex cut washers.

Lee, when you get some time, I need inserts for the Jigmaster. I know I requested stainless steel, but aluminum seems to be holding up nicely, just make sure you cut them 1/8" taller than the ones you've been making, I will sand them down if needed, but they might be just right.
Sal