Hooks

Started by SoCalAngler, October 12, 2013, 07:29:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalAngler

Does anybody know who makes this hook? I'm heading down to Baja and a friend of my father and commercial fisherman asked if I could find him some and bring them down when I come. The only ploblem is Cuate does not know who makes the hooks. To me it looks sort of like a  Eagle Claw L7228 Octopus Circle or a Owner SSW Circle Hook. What do you guys think?

Shark Hunter

Looks like the eagle claw octopus to me.
Life is Good!

Bunnlevel Sharker

I have some eagle claw octopus that look just like it, there good hooks
Grayson Lanier

SoCalAngler

Thanks guys,

The Octopus Circles seem a bit thin on the wire even on such a small hook. I think I found what I'm looking for, a Eagle Claw L2222. These come in Size: 4, 2, 1, 1/0, 2/0, 3/0, 4/0, 5/0, 6/0, 7/0

Bunnlevel Sharker

I have them in 8/0, biggest fish was a solidly hooked 26in drum. That hook didnot wat to come out!
Grayson Lanier

SoCalAngler

Thanks for the heads up Garyson but this if for a guy fishing commercially for a living and needs the hooks to last as long as they can. There is plenty of by-catch in the Sea of Cortez and some real monster fish which could be a good pay day for my friend but still needs a smaller hook. This is buttoned down drags on heavy line meat fishing not to say the Octo's arn't good hooks but if these have heavier wire they should work better for him. Now I have to find a place I can get them before I leave on Thursday.

Bunnlevel Sharker

Try the circle seas and mustad ez-baiters then. For the ez-baiters go with a 14/0
Grayson Lanier

SoCalAngler

I guess you did not look closely at the first picture I posted or know the size of a penny here in the states. I need a circle hook in the #2, #1 or 1/0 size depending on manufacture/physical size for this application. The 1/0 circles are a bit big by most manufactures but the L2222 comes in many smaller sizes for me to look at. Thanks for your help.

Bunnlevel Sharker

Go with the 10/0 then, they have a very small gap but long shank.
Grayson Lanier