How about this bearing

Started by 4/0, October 15, 2013, 09:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4/0

I take care of some charter reels and this was the bearing for the driveshaft.

Thought it might bring a smile to some of you. Reel had a lot of fish on it and it's working again.

broadway

4/0,
      I feel your pain... I do 2 charter captain's reels.  One of them is docked right behind my boat, and I watch him dunk them in saltwater to rinse them off.  I tell him not to, but I think he was programmed before I was born by other salty fellows. 
PS- I'm hoping you chucked that bearing
Thanks
Dom

DaBigOno

That bearing looks normal for the people who don't service their own reels...  Kinda makes me smile cause it keeps people like us in business.

Alohaz
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Dominick

Just put a couple of drops of oil on it and it will be fine.   ::) ::) Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bunnlevel Sharker

Scary. The grinding means you need to reel harder!
Grayson Lanier

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bill B

Made my day...reminds me of the old axle bearings on my long ago retired 72 Ford F100 when the rear end started making funny noises.... ;D
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

saltydog

ARG! Almost makes you want to see people walk the plank. :P
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

jig-guy

Dunk the reels in saltwater, not good >:(. 2 drops of oil may work but I am not sure ::). Thanks for the post and comments.

4/0

Well that one is the worst so far but none are good to use again so far. I ran out of replacement bearings.

Butch