Penn Accurate YTS

Started by Bryan Young, October 16, 2013, 07:51:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

Hi Guys, well, I finally remembered to take photos before delivery.

My friend Gary asked me if I could build a bullet proof reel.  Of course, I said sure...and here we went.

This is a red Penn with Accurate's YellowTail Special Narrow Kit for the 113H.

I installed a SS gear sleeve, SS double alternating dogs, Black Pearl SS 4:1 gear set, Alan's new SS handle arm, and loving care in assembly.

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Bryan Young

and for your comparision to Pro Gear's YellowTail Special
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Alto Mare

That reel looks sweet Bryan, I'm sure your friend Gary will be very happy.
I do have one small criticism though, If you're going to compare reels in weight, they both need to have a rod clamp and bolts installed ;D ;D, those should be exactly the same in weight with it.
Now, since you did such a great job, don't get a big head and replace the Tank on your avatar with this ::)  ;D.
Very nice buddy.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

BMITCH

Very nice work Bryan. Thanks for the pics.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

DaBigOno

Looking good Bradduah...

I like da red knob.

Alohaz
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Bryan Young

Quote from: Alto Mare on October 16, 2013, 09:02:21 AM
That reel looks sweet Bryan, I'm sure your friend Gary will be very happy.
I do have one small criticism though, If you're going to compare reels in weight, they both need to have a rod clamp and bolts installed ;D ;D, those should be exactly the same in weight with it.
Now, since you did such a great job, don't get a big head and replace the Tank on your avatar with this ::)  ;D.
Very nice buddy.
Sal
Busting my chops....hahaha.

I realized that there was no rod clamp.  I didn't want to unpack the rod clamp.  The main reason is to compare the relative weight.  People believe that the ProGear is heavier because it looks heavier, but it is not not.  One thing I did discover is that to double dog the ProGear will be a more difficult task that I need to figure out how I'm going to do it without affecting spool.

Newell Nut

Nice looking project Bryan. Sal is trying to convert me and I am thinking of playing around with a 113HLW that I have had in the closet for 20 years.
Maybe I should just send it to the master before I mess it up.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Bryan Young on October 16, 2013, 02:05:58 PM
Busting my chops....hahaha.
No one else is going to do it, I just don't want you to feel left out :-*
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Irish Jigger

Nice reel you have created there Bryan, well done.

broschro

Quote from: Newell Nut on October 16, 2013, 02:50:09 PM
Nice looking project Bryan. Sal is trying to convert me and I am thinking of playing around with a 113HLW that I have had in the closet for 20 years.
Maybe I should just send it to the master before I mess it up.
come on Dwight u need a Tank.I use mine for vertical jigging and it works so good,it has wiped many of big amberjacks to 40#s and a few bigger cobias earlier this year. The only thing I had to do was change the fiber washer under the main gear do to shredding at high drag settings.

MFB

No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Bryan Young

If I cannot double dog my PG yellowtail specials, I may need to make up a few of these reels myself.

SNAPPERHEAD

Very Nice. That reel is a killer!

SNAPPERHEAD