Thread size and is there a better way?

Started by AllenW, October 16, 2013, 03:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllenW

I am using both Diawa Sealine 27/47 LC and Penn 320 GT reels for trout/salmon fishing on Superior and am trying to make a device to help reel lines in.

First couple of tries were goal post looking things attached to a lightweight battery powered drill that you put over the reel handles.
Nice idea, didn't work.  ;D

Now I'm thinking of changing the handle nuts/screws to hex head and using a allen wrench in the drill motor.

Problem lies is I don't know for sure what the thread sizes/pitch are and none of the local stores has either the hex head bolts or nuts and I hate to order on a guess.

I believe the pitch is .75 but see .70 also, bolt size appears to be somewhere between what my local Ace hardware store has.

Part numbers for handle nut and bolt are,
Diawa  47lc   # B26-7403
Penn  320GT   # 1181945

Anybody know what tap and die is needed for both?

Or..a better way to do this?

I've seem ready made units but would rather not spend the money as they were quite spendy.

TIA

Al

alantani

not sure on this one.  i just have a regular winder.  there have been some examples posted before.   it's easier to do if you just leave the handle on.  :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

AllenW

Handle was going to remain, one has a nut and I was going to make a new nut that was thicker, and try and tread a short hex head into the open end and the other has a machine screw that I wanted to replace with a hex head, hoping both hex heads will/can be the same size.

I'll try and search for what others have done, thanks.

Al

AllenW

Quote from: alantani on October 16, 2013, 04:44:02 PM
not sure on this one.  i just have a regular winder.  there have been some examples posted before.   it's easier to do if you just leave the handle on.  :-\

Having a bit of trouble finding threads on line winders to be used in the boat, I found a few for re-spooling, but nothing for what I'm trying to do.
?

Al