ABU is listening to us.

Started by Killerbug, October 16, 2013, 07:26:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Killerbug

Two years ago, I wrote a two page rapport to the design dep of ABU Garcia. It was regarding several maintenance issues with the Revo Toro series reels. It seems as ABU has finally made some changes to the "Revo Toros/NACL". I wan't to believe that my rapport did push ABU in the right direction

The thread, holding the spool tension cap, has been prone to corrosion, this is a real problem on the Revo series reels. On some customer repairs, the whole thread
was corroded away, and I had to order a new sideplate, even on quite new reels.

It seems now, as ABU has been upgrading the thread with a steel crave. Nice job!

I have pointed out, by several occasions, that the Revo Toro needed a drain, to get rid of it's excess moisture(like the drain found on the Shimano's).

The new Revo NACL, has now got a drain!, Cool!

Other new features I noticed on the Revo NACL, is an easy removable IAR bearing, and a more solid spring on the spool release.
http://forum.esoxhunt.dk
-----------------------------
They say Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf.
You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time

jonathan.han

Cool. All this after I've owned a Revo Inshore and Toro for 3 years. I feel like I bought Windows XP Pro and now they're selling the service pack 3 years later. Time to drill a hole and put more corrosion-X on the tension cap that never covers the O-ring properly
raw instinct

Killerbug

Quote from: jonathan.han on October 17, 2013, 05:55:18 AM
Cool. All this after I've owned a Revo Inshore and Toro for 3 years. I feel like I bought Windows XP Pro and now they're selling the service pack 3 years later. Time to drill a hole and put more corrosion-X on the tension cap that never covers the O-ring properly

Ha Ha, and with service pack 3 we got a new interface as well  ;)
http://forum.esoxhunt.dk
-----------------------------
They say Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf.
You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

I guess for that matter the industry is watching us. just my 2 cents btw that`s good...

Lalo13

Quote from: Mel B on October 17, 2013, 03:19:11 PM
I guess for that matter the industry is watching us. just my 2 cents btw that`s good...
Hey of course that's good , it's time the industry remembers who's money it is that keeps them on the map ,  ;D ..............