Some shots from Gstours

Started by Alto Mare, October 18, 2013, 04:49:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

My buddy Gary has been busy upgrading...click on the pictures for full size:

And testing his gear on some nice fish:

I have many more shots, but can only post these.
According to Gary, all went good with his upgrades, I'll let him fill in the rest.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Ron Jones

Nice?
What reel is that? It looks like a GTi without the top bar.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

day0ne

Quote from: noyb72 on October 18, 2013, 04:56:58 AM
Nice?
What reel is that? It looks like a GTi without the top bar.
Ron

Looks like a Daiwa Sealine. Can't really tell which model with out a reference point
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

wallacewt

Ron Jones

Yep, that's what it looks like. I don't know what I was thinking.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

BMITCH

Gary, very nice. I really like the mod's you did to the reel/drag testing jig. Looks much safer now! Thanks for posting.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

harryk3616

gary      your making us all jealous, reel nice reel  and reel nice fish, beautiful, way to go.   harryk

doradoben

My guess is that the reel is a Daiwa 300H because it's topless and doesn't have harness lugs. That's impressive. Very Nice fish..

Alto Mare

I know you meant to say 900H bill  ;).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

doradoben

The reel that my comment was about is in the middle fish photo. It's different than the reel on the test stand with the cannon balls in the first photo. Either way still a very nice fish.. :)