jigmaster bridge

Started by broschro, October 21, 2013, 12:54:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broschro

Do the 505 and the 500 use the same bridge?

broschro

I also played around with the new gears from black pearl today and they work sweet in the 505.But i have run into some trouble with the drags. Not sure what I did but when I crank down on the star and pull some line out the star starts to loosen up, what is making it do this? I have the drags in the right order I think.cf. Washer. cf washer with tabs. cf, washer and bevel. i do not have Bryan's kit yet but will soon.

broschro

I had the Keyed washer on top with the  bevill on top of that. as is the star spins backwards :-\

broschro

everything is working fine now can't wait to get Bryan's new drag stack.

maxpowers

I have Bryan's drag sets in my 506 and 112 along with SS sleeves and BP's gears.  I also bought the ebay jigmaster 5:1 gear but not impressed with the workmanship.  I installed the ebay gears in the 506 but use the existing pinion while the customized BP's gear went into the 112.  Pulled more than 20 +lbs on each and there was more but my rods is not really built for it so I didn't push it.  For my 506 I will fish it as is but for the 112 I am waiting for some funds to free up and buy a tib kit.  Also waiting for words from Alan on the upgraded arms and handles.  Incidentally did you double dogged your 505?  I am kinda leery about cutting into the side plates so have not done it on the 506 or the 112.  Not sure if the higher drag will create problem for the single SS dog or not.

Thanks,

broschro

I havent done my 505 but I did do my 113's I don't think you would have a problem with the single stainless dog though.

floating doc

I'm interested in an upgraded 112H crank arm.

Central Florida

Keta

As soon as I recover from some costly mistakes I'll cut some more but it will be at least 3 weeks before my next SS check comes.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

broschro

Quote from: floating doc on October 22, 2013, 02:00:31 PM
I'm interested in an upgraded 112H crank arm.

did u cheek with Alan? He has some stainless ones that r heavy duty.

Bryan Young

Lee's arms are nice and are different lenghts than stock arms. 

Alan's arms are close to the length of stock Penn arms and keep that classic look of the reel, if that is what you are looking for.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

floating doc

My narrow 112H isn't going to look very original anyhow.  ;D
Central Florida