750SS

Started by Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B, October 21, 2013, 04:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

bought one off the "bay". what do i need? this way i can buy whatever before flying back all the way south. thanks much!

Cone

It depends on what kind of shape it's in. I would at least change out the Teflon washers with 6-60 Ht 100's.  The under spool one will have to have the center hole enlarged. Hopefully the gears and bearings are ok. I change out the silent dogs on mine and put sprung dogs in their place. I also remove the transfer bar but you may not want to. If Lee ever makes anymore a stainless ratchets with more teeth and stainless dogs they will take up most of the back play and make it bullet proof. The hex drag upgrade is also very nice.   Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

joel8080

Hi Lee

I also need 4 sets of ratchets & Dogs for the 7500/8500.

Joel8080
Oceanside,California

ChileRelleno

Quote from: joel8080 on October 22, 2013, 12:52:20 AM
Hi Lee

I also need 4 sets of ratchets & Dogs for the 7500/8500.

Joel8080

Yeah, me too!
Lee, I need ratchets and dogs for three 7500ss/8500SS.

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Cone

Put me in the shopping line too. Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)

Cone

Mel, One of the dogs is sprung. The other one is silent. You should hear her sing with two sprung dogs and a 12 tooth ratchet!  Bob

ChileRelleno

Quote from: Cone on October 24, 2013, 09:17:05 PMYou should hear her sing with two sprung dogs and a 12 tooth ratchet!  Bob
I hear that, my 9500SS sings like the fat lady in a opera.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."