Help Mr. Wizard

Started by Roger, April 07, 2010, 02:00:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger

Alan, started on that Baja my son got and I got a couple of questions.

1 - I swapped out the fiber washer underneath the main gear with a 6-113. Went back with the gear and drag stack and with the thickness of the 113 washer the AR dogs want to ride up the post they sit on and the dog springs are about to slip off. Any suggestions.

2 - Had some rust on the clicker inside the left sideplate. Pulled the bearing and anyhow tried to pull the shields and it just about eat my lunch. It looked like a 3 X 10 X 4 but I wound up with some off the wall measurements of 3.14 X 9.50 X 4.0. Is that normal? I need to order a couple.

Oh yeah, sent you a money order today for one of those little penn wrenches.
Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

alantani

once you get it into the side plate, the dogs will stay put. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Roger

Got it back together this morning. Those short legs on the dog springs were the only thing that had me worried. I turned the harness lugs down and rotated the handle forward, wish you could do that with all 4/0s. My drag scales showed 26# with a straight pull. Turned out pretty good.

Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

alantani

glad it worked.  i had the same concern the first time i pulled one apart as well.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!