9/0's, 12/0's & Makiara 80's screaming!!!

Started by Chris Gatorfan, October 23, 2013, 07:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Gatorfan

Me and my friends just got challanged by another group of local sharkers to a sharking competition this weekend. I should have plenty of pics to post for you all come Saturday and Sunday.
Wilson's Reel Upgrades.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Chris Gatorfan

There has been 3 tigers caught this past week along with my two from Saturday and at least 9 others that i know of. The bite is really starting to turn on. Heck just Saturday from 11pm till 6am we had 7 missed hookup. Not counting everyone else's misses. I am projecting 9-12 beached sharks for my team minimum this weekend. We shall see.
Wilson's Reel Upgrades.

Chris Gatorfan

Stakes just got higher as we are now doing a longest shark jackpot.
Wilson's Reel Upgrades.

Dynamo

floating doc

Are they all fishing in your area?  I think I recall that you're in north Florida on the gulf.
Central Florida

Chris Gatorfan

Yes they are. We will be stretched out from Pensacola Beach, and down the Gulf Island National Seashore. We are starting at 6pm Friday and fishing till 6am Sunday.
Wilson's Reel Upgrades.

floating doc

Great!  Can't wait for some images and reports.

Good luck.  I hope you get a new personal best, plus blow out the competition.
Central Florida

Chris Gatorfan

Its has been a mixed bag so far. 1 86" sandbar shark, some rays, and big 40"+ bull reds.
Wilson's Reel Upgrades.

floating doc

Hang in there;  it's a nice weekend anyhow.  I don't know what affect the weather will have on the fishing. First cold front of the year.
Central Florida

Chris Gatorfan

Well it ended up being a bad weekend. Funny what can happen to a smoking hot bite in just a week. Seemed like the sharks decided to take a vacation. 2 sharks caught overall as of 5:00am when i decided to call it quits. But hey its winter time and the Makos. Will be moving in very soon. So we will see what happens.
Wilson's Reel Upgrades.

floating doc

Mako sharks are common enough in the northern gulf to have a dedicated fishery? I know of two that were caught from the beach in the last year.
Central Florida

Chris Gatorfan

There are stragglers throughout the year. But as winter starts to roll around their numbers begin to increase. The only question is does your equipment have the guts to match up a beast such as that from the sand.
Wilson's Reel Upgrades.

floating doc

Makos are an amazing fish. I've been offshore for them twice when I lived in the northeast. We never even got into the blue sharks. Skunked on both trips.

I can't imagine a mako of any size from the beach.
Central Florida

Bunnlevel Sharker

There's been one or two hooked on obx piers in nc
Grayson Lanier