Stainless sleeves for 12/0 and 14/0

Started by Shark Hunter, October 24, 2013, 12:08:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

I have looked high and low for some stainless sleeves for the 14/0 and the 12/0. I know electramate makes them. When I go to their website and add one to the cart, which is $79.99 a pop! :o The price doubles in the cart. So for two sleeves, it tries to charge me over 300 dollars. I looked for over an hour for one of their distributors. Capt. Harry's only has them for the 12/0.
I have Sal's 14/0 with the stainless sleeve and double dogs and that thing sounds like a sewing machine when you crank it. You will really appreciate the double dogs when you do it on the bigger reels. I have three other 14's that I want to give the same treatment.
Any leads on this my fellow fishermen! ;)
Life is Good!

Dynamo

$79.99 a pop!  The price doubles in the cart. So for two sleeves, it tries to charge me over 300 dollars.

Good grief, something's definitely screwy with that. Apparently the bridge plate and the gear sleeve are the weak points in the large Senators. (If I'm wrong correct me.) It should only be an issue if you intend to fish the reels, and exceed the drag limit. You have Sal's 14/0, what else could you want in this world ;D. I sent Electramate an Email. I should be able to reply to you soon. Hope that helps!

Shark Hunter

I already sent them one too and they already responded and apologized. They told me to call the order in. Which I will do tomorrow.
I realize I have Sal's 14. Now I will have 3 others just like it! ;D
I think the regular sleeve in these is fine for anything I hook into, but How many people can say they have 4 14/0's with stainless sleeves and ss double dogs! You have to crank one to appreciate it. It sounds like a machine gun in there!  :P
Life is Good!

Dynamo

(Quote) "How many people can say they have 4 14/0's with stainless sleeves and ss double dogs!"

How many can say they have four 14/0s at all! Its pretty cool, mate ;D! Heres the reply!

Thank you for contacting us.  There is a problem with this portion of our website and we are attempting to get it corrected.

Thank you,

Carl T. Huffman
Electric Fishing Reel Systems, Inc.

Sharkin904

I've got a 12/0 i shark with, planning on beefing it up some this winter..where do I buy, or find more info on double dogs? I cant even find where to buy the SS dogs! I'm not gonna lie, a bit jealous of your arsenal  :o

Shark Hunter

The 12 is definitely a Sharkin' Beast! There are some good tutorials on here to perform the double dog set up. Look around and you will know. Lee (Keta) is the stainless parts guru on this site. He can make everything you need at a very affordable price. Sal is pretty much the tutorial master and if it has been done, He is the Man! and had done it. Shoot me a PM if you have any questions.
And Welcome to the best senator site on the Planet! ;)
Life is Good!

Sharkin904

lol since asking I've found a few great posts. I cant wait to beef this thing up, its already a great platform so it should be nearly unstoppable. I'll have to hit Lee up when I read enough to attempt it haha