4/0 or 6/0

Started by broschro, October 25, 2013, 03:31:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broschro

Left hand retrieve do they have any in the 4/0 or 6/0 and what do i need.

Bryan Young

Quote from: broschro on October 25, 2013, 03:31:27 PM
I know they have had them for 4/0s.

You will need a new star, gear sleeve, main and pinion gear and a sideplate that accepts a left handed dog.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Black Pearl

Quote from: Bryan Young on October 25, 2013, 03:40:16 PM
Quote from: broschro on October 25, 2013, 03:31:27 PM
I know they have had them for 4/0s.

You will need a new star, gear sleeve, main and pinion gear and a sideplate that accepts a left handed dog.
X2. Please note that no aftermarket main and pinion gears will work with left handed reel. You will need to install the original main and pinion gears.

broschro

so if i have a 4/0 the has a space for the dog do i just Swap everything over to the left side?

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

get the 113H with the maroon side plates. i have this reel and you can switch it over for left=handed use... check this out by our resident penn engineer, u know who.   ;D

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=3083.15

Dynamo

"Left hand retrieve do they have any in the 4/0 or 6/0 and what do i need."

The left handed 6/0 is the 114h2LW. Like the 4/0 left hand version it is not a true left hand reel. (It isn't mirrored.) What do you need? Sorry, I don't understand.

Dynamo

If you mean what do you need to reverse a right handed reel to a left hand retrieve, I don't know.

Newell Nut

I think I saw a lefty 113 a few days ago on ebay.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Quote from: Dynamo on October 25, 2013, 04:51:18 PM

The left handed 6/0 is the 114h2LW. Like the 4/0 left hand version it is not a true left hand reel. (It isn't mirrored.) What do you need? Sorry, I don't understand.

if you buy the 113H with the maroon side plates you don't need anything to convert it to left hand just put the dog in the opposite side. your right side plate(handle side) becomes your left side plate and vice versa. hope this helps...

broschro

Quote from: Mel B on October 25, 2013, 06:18:23 PM
Quote from: Dynamo on October 25, 2013, 04:51:18 PM

if you buy the 113H with the maroon side plates you don't need anything to convert it to left hand just put the dog in the opposite side. your right side plate(handle side) becomes your left side plate and vice versa. hope this helps...
this is what i want to know.

Dynamo

I see. Hope you problems are solved.

Keta

You will need, a LH gear set and a LH gear sleeve.  Some side plates are ambidextrous, some will need to be modified.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Quote from: Keta on October 25, 2013, 11:07:01 PM
You will need, a LH gear set and a LH gear sleeve.  Some side plates are ambidextrous, some will need to be modified.

forgot about this. you' right lee!