E-clips.

Started by Bigmike1984, October 26, 2013, 09:57:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigmike1984

Was going to get some E-clips in bulk. But don't know what the size is. Was going to go to Fastenal to get them.

If any of you know the size or part number for them it would be nice.

Thanks for your time and info.

I needed one in a hurry a year back or so and hit a few hardware/automotive supplies.  I came to the conclusion that you can get ones that will work in a pinch but aren't a perfect match.  The fit will be a little loose but more important replacements were too thin and allowed to much play in the gear shaft and handle.

bluefish69

I buy mine from McMasters & Carr. Measure the inside of the grove.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Ken_D

McMaster-Carr, at last report, was owned/operated by zenophobes, refusing to ship to Canada. Where are you putting the clips, on 6's or 7's.

Jobber clips for 6 handles may be too small, to hold well. Clips for 7 handles will fit the idler post in both reels.
But be too big to clear the handle nut on 5's and 6's.  Much like 0119's post above.

So for older 6's, steal the factory clip from the idler, and use on the handle, replacing the idler clip with a jobber size that fits 7 posts, and handles. I use "Papco" clips from the Paulin company up this way.

I dont have the size, as I took a clip into the NAPA auto store, and placed it on the life-sized picture in the catalog, and bought two packs of 18. I punted the bag with the part number on it... :-[

Ken_D

I went on a random search as my supplier of clips ( napa) has quadrupled its price siince I bought last last year. They went from .14 cents each, to just under 40 cents each, in groups of 18.
Capitalism. Gotta love it.   http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=14204
Looks llike they are about 5 cents a clip in groups of 10.

Keta

Ken, if you have McMaster ship them to me I'll get them to you.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Ken_D

Quote from: Keta on October 27, 2013, 06:11:33 PM
Ken, if you have McMaster ship them to me I'll get them to you.

Thanks, Lee....appreciated. I am making a "winter order" of odds and sods, and will get back to you when I have it done. Cheers, Ken.